This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Type C to 3.5mm jack adapter working with Zenfone 7 to use external microphone

RonaldWL
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7
Firmware Version: 30.40.30.96 (Android 11)
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android 10 and 11
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi everyone!
I bought an USB Type C to 3.5mm jack adapter (P2/P3) from LEHMOX brand model LE-153 and when I plug in the phone says it is not compatible. It is described at the box of the adapter it allows listening to music and answering calls. But since Android 10 and now with 11 I get the same message and I'm not able to use Zenfone 7 with an external wired microphone (BOYA BY-M1 Pro).
I can't find any adapter saying it does work with Zenfone 7. I saw ASUS has one with noise cancelling. But it is expensive, I don't need noise cancelling and I don't even know anyway if it can work with Zenfone 7 since its website only lists compatibility till Zenfone 6.
I bought this phone because it looked like the best choice for content creators so it is really important to be able to get it working with my external mic.
Does someone know which adapter can I purchase to get my mic working with Zenfone 7?
Below pictures about the accessories I'm talking about:
lehmox.jpg
boya2.jpg
Thanks in advance,
Ronald
3 REPLIES 3

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
RonaldWL

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 7
  2. Firmware Version: 30.40.30.96 (Android 11)
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android 10 and 11

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi everyone!

I bought an USB Type C to 3.5mm jack adapter (P2/P3) from LEHMOX brand model LE-153 and when I plug in the phone says it is not compatible. It is described at the box of the adapter it allows listening to music and answering calls. But since Android 10 and now with 11 I get the same message and I'm not able to use Zenfone 7 with an external wired microphone (BOYA BY-M1 Pro).

I can't find any adapter saying it does work with Zenfone 7. I saw ASUS has one with noise cancelling. But it is expensive, I don't need noise cancelling and I don't even know anyway if it can work with Zenfone 7 since its website only lists compatibility till Zenfone 6.

I bought this phone because it looked like the best choice for content creators so it is really important to be able to get it working with my external mic.

Does someone know which adapter can I purchase to get my mic working with Zenfone 7?

Below pictures about the accessories I'm talking about:

lehmox.jpg

boya2.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Ronald

USB Type C to 3.5mm jack adapter working with Zenfone 7 to use external microphone
The adaptor needs to have a built in DAC. From what I can see, this one doesn't have one.
And not all USB C to 3.5mm with DAC will work. These adaptors are a jungle and it's a problem for all phones. You can find a lot of articles discussing this issue.

joebhoy
Star II
this works for me, i have no affiliation and the link is from Irish eBay
Also, I can confirm that Google pixel USB-C wired buds work too!

joebhoy
Star II
joebhoy

this works for me, i have no affiliation and the link is from Irish eBay

Also, I can confirm that Google pixel USB-C wired buds work too!

View post
sorry wont let me post links 😕 they were €3.99
link was titled USB Type-C To 3.5mm Audio Aux Headphone Jack Adapter with built-in DAC
and this particular seller is called 2dayie
I have no idea how far they post too