ZenFone 7 Pro A11 FOTA Update Major Bug
- Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro 256/8gb
- Firmware Version: 18.104.22.168
- Rooted or not: No
- Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
Rotation of the phone doesn't works anymore from recent apps tab menu. It gets stuck in the same position and then the home bar keeps stuck in the exact same position even when you alternate between apps.
What it causes:
- Gestures in gesture mode stops working properly
- You can't slide to Game Genie anymore in games.
- The recent tabs menu would eventually, altough rarely, crashes as you try to make it come to portrait mode from a landscape mode from where you've opened the app from.
- This happens because the home button doesn't goes where it should.
Things I've tried myself to fix:
- Clearing all the ASUS launcher data and cache.
- Clearing all the Android SystemWebView data and cache, including updating and uninstalling all the updates.
- Tested and every sensor was working fine.
- Factory Resetting my phone completely on A11.
- Downgraded my system back to A10 from ASUS's official website file which has fixed this bug. Then I got the FOTA automatically for A11, updated it as I restarted my phone and this bug persists.
To sum up, this was really a bug caused by the ASUS A11 latest update on my device and, as you can see, I've done each and everything I could and read about it to try to fix it and nothing did. Hopefully a new firmware image will fix this soon.
Thank you ASUS.🙏