Did you mean: 

ROG3 - No HD Calling (VoLTE) and VoWIFI

r_zeibari
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.131
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Since new (Always)
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Please provide an accurate timeline to the Australia firmware correction update of the lack of vital voice services listed in the discussion title.
4 REPLIES 4

botboy444
Zen Master I
r.zeibari

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.131
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Since new (Always)
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Please provide an accurate timeline to the Australia firmware correction update of the lack of vital voice services listed in the discussion title.

ROG3 - No HD Calling (VoLTE) and VoWIFI
I was literally just coming to post this exact thing!

I second this, VOLTE is definitely needed in Australia as the 3g services will be turned off over the next coming years and i plan to keep this phone for quite a while

There are 3 main telcos in Australia, Telstra, Vodafone and Optus. Asus please get in contact with them and enable VoLTE for the ROG phone 3, as its sold in brick and mortar stores across the country, and cheap $150+ phones have VoLTE enabled

Besides this, there is nothing wrong with the device, except for the lack of VoLTE!

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
Singapore too, thanks!

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
I know that enabling VolTE is difficult and slow (in the words of Asus) but they should make an effort and enable it in all countries. As they eliminate 3g networks, we have to throw the phone in the trash.

DeanG
Star II
Enabling VoLTE and VoWifi isn't difficult at all, Asus just refuses to do it. This has been the case for many years now and why I'm apprehensive about buying another of their devices until they get their act together.
The telecoms all use the GSMA protocols, so all the files, implementation and instructions are there for them to use.
With 3G shutting down, if they don't put VoLTE working on their devices then they may as well just stop making them as they won't work.