akkirathore1292akkirathore1292 Level 1
edited April 12 in ROG Phone 2

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Comments

• You need physical interference with the phone to restart it.

Or if you have usb debugging, plug it onto your pc. Use ADB tool and do adb reboot.

• Press power button for too long till phone gets restarted.

• Hi akkirathore1292,

Sometimes in rare situation phone may get freeze and the touch input gets deactivated. This can happed due to multiple reasons like Apps not compatible, App using too much memory under normal circumstances etc.

You have to keep holding the power button for 10-20 seconds which activates force restart on the phone. The phone should reboot and come back to home screen normally.

• MTKMTK Level 1

Download Asus Phone Stock Firmware for All Models from here mtkarena.com/asus-firmware-download/

• I've had this happen to me twice and I think you hold the power and volume buttons for like 30 seconds or something. It was pretty annoying because the screen was full brightness and the whole phone was hot so I was worried about burn in if I was going to wait for it to die...

• RoystoysRoystoys Level 3

If you hold the volume down and power buttons simultaneously it will go into soft reset/reboot. You don't lose any data this way but you may have to turn a few things back to your previous settings. In my case all I need to redo is turn the animation speed off again

This discussion has been closed.