6Z reboots itself while downloading.

shiv1g
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: 6Z (india)
Firmware Version: Android 10 WW.17.1810.2011.183
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Amazon Prime videos. Version 3.0.290.9347
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
From the past few days I'm experiencing random reboots while downloading media.
Happened to me trice on Amazon Prime videos and once in Whatsapp. This never happened to my 6Z since I brought it. Today the same thing happened again while I was downloading a movie on Prime videos. For few seconds the phone got freezed and didn't unlocked when I used buttons and fingerprint sensor. Then suddenly the lockscreen appeared for a second and the phone rebooted straight in the Asus booting logo.
As far as I can tell that this happens only when I'm downloading anything. Other than that my phone never went into rebooting even under heavy stress or got overheated since I purchased it.
@Anders_ASUS Please help.
2 REPLIES 2

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
shiv1g

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: 6Z (india)
  2. Firmware Version: Android 10 WW.17.1810.2011.183
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Amazon Prime videos. Version 3.0.290.9347

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

From the past few days I'm experiencing random reboots while downloading media.

Happened to me trice on Amazon Prime videos and once in Whatsapp. This never happened to my 6Z since I brought it. Today the same thing happened again while I was downloading a movie on Prime videos. For few seconds the phone got freezed and didn't unlocked when I used buttons and fingerprint sensor. Then suddenly the lockscreen appeared for a second and the phone rebooted straight in the Asus booting logo.

As far as I can tell that this happens only when I'm downloading anything. Other than that my phone never went into rebooting even under heavy stress or got overheated since I purchased it.

@Anders_ASUS Please help.

6Z reboots itself while downloading.
It can be that downloading puts stress on a certain damaged part of your phone. My best recommendation is to exclude software issue by doing a factory reset. After this you will know if your device needs service or not

shiv1g
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45139/6z-reboots-itself-while-downloading

It can be that downloading puts stress on a certain damaged part of your phone. My best recommendation is to exclude software issue by doing a factory reset. After this you will know if your device needs service or not

View post
One more thing I noticed is that if I'm using the phone and the movie is downloading (Amazon prime videos, In highest quality settings possible) in the background, the rebooting problem doesn't happen.
But as soon as I turn the screen off the device and leave it aside for few seconds, and then try to unlock it for using my phone, the screen never turns on and then it kinda reboots itself just like in already mentioned above in my first post. Either it goes straight into the Asus logo booting image or just straight up into the lockscreen mode where I have type my pin inorder to unlock it.
I tried downloading the movies in both internal and external (SD Card) settings in Prime videos. The rebooting bug happened in both the same settings scenario.
Also, I download movies and web series (highest quality settings) in Netflix app too, but I never encountered this issue.