cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update manually

andry_heroesiii
Star II
I have problem with my phone
A day ago my phone is force to manufacture reset and my friend say the firmware is the problem

So when my phone has reset, i look at official website and maxpro m2 have new update (beta again),
I was download and put it at root directory,
For the first time, my phone don't update but go to bootload menu, when i restart it, i can't update althought i restart it for many times and clear the partition data,
So what must i have to do?
5 REPLIES 5

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi andry.heroesiii
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
A. Your current firmware version
Settings>System>About Phone>Build Number
B. Which firmware do you want to update?
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ZenFone%20Max%20Pro%20(M2)(ZB631KL)/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Happy is a frequent problem.

albertkes
Rising Star I
andry.heroesiii

I have problem with my phone

A day ago my phone is force to manufacture reset and my friend say the firmware is the problem

So when my phone has reset, i look at official website and maxpro m2 have new update (beta again),

I was download and put it at root directory,

For the first time, my phone don't update but go to bootload menu, when i restart it, i can't update althought i restart it for many times and clear the partition data,

So what must i have to do?

Can't update manually
I also could not update to the 434th firmware. Here they prompted: you need to temporarily disable the pattern, fingerprints and login password. Then the phone is updated without any problems. After the upgrade, you can re-enable the security system.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Troubleshooting:
1. The firmware version sometimes (depends on models) can only upgrade from the last version.
E,g. V60>V61>V63, yet not V60>V63
Especially for cross-Android upgrade case, if you want to upgrade to Android 10 version, please upgrade to the latest Android 9 version.
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ZenFone%20Max%20Pro%20(M2)(ZB631KL)/HelpDesk_BIOS/
2. Rule out third party disturbance. You may try to perform the Factory Reset.
Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.