This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black color scales with brightness level.

Craven
Rising Star II
When I watch videos on 0-30% brightness, I get very deep blacks. The blacks are so pure that the black bars on the sides/margins in movies blends well with the bezels and it just transitions so smoothly. However, when i turn the brightness up a bit (because of the prevailing black crush issue on low brightness), the bars no longer remain pure black but kind of a brighter black and it makes the bezels more noticeable. Is this what people mean by the "not showing proper blacks" issue or are they still talking about black crush? Eitherway, is this normal for an AMOLED?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Craven

When I watch videos on 0-30% brightness, I get very deep blacks. The blacks are so pure that the black bars on the sides/margins in movies blends well with the bezels and it just transitions so smoothly. However, when i turn the brightness up a bit (because of the prevailing black crush issue on low brightness), the bars no longer remain pure black but kind of a brighter black and it makes the bezels more noticeable. Is this what people mean by the "not showing proper blacks" issue or are they still talking about black crush? Eitherway, is this normal for an AMOLED?

It's a problem with the coding for each individual pixel,I have also the same problem but it's nothing to worry about for me atleast
No it's not normal,and needs to be rewritten for the blacks to be pure and deep again,just be patient

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Craven

It's a problem with the coding for each individual pixel,I have also the same problem but it's nothing to worry about for me atleast
No it's not normal,and needs to be rewritten for the blacks to be pure and deep again,just be patient