Did you mean: 

Rog 2 fingerprint scanner/setting issue

Jhastine
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog2
Firmware Version: WW-17.0240.2009.49_0
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: after i brought to service center for lcd replacement. Checking and using the phone for some hours. I unlocking the phone using the fingerprint then sensor, scans. but the fingerprint sign stuck on screen and then i restarted the phone. Fingerprint sensor doesnt come out and i checked the setting i cant find it.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

5 REPLIES 5

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Jhastine

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: rog2
  2. Firmware Version: WW-17.0240.2009.49_0
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: after i brought to service center for lcd replacement. Checking and using the phone for some hours. I unlocking the phone using the fingerprint then sensor, scans. but the fingerprint sign stuck on screen and then i restarted the phone. Fingerprint sensor doesnt come out and i checked the setting i cant find it.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Rog 2 fingerprint scanner/setting issue
Try toggling fingerprint under:
Settings - security & lock screen - fingerprint - type in your pin and press on unlock device.
If this doesn't work, turn off all security and then restart your phone. Add the security to see if it happens.
If the above doesn't work, perform factory reset.
Lastly, if none of the above doesn't work, take your phone back to the service centre.

Jhastine
Star I
I did all those , still doesn't work.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Jhastine

I did all those , still doesn't work.

View post
You can do one more test to see if you need it taking back to service centre, but you should anyway.
In your calculator, type in .12345+=
Do Single Test and then Fingerprint Test

Jhastine
Star I
I did that also haha. Nothing works. Maybe i should take it back to the service center again.