Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version: ......70
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

In this vedio , timeline from 1:31 to 1:37 , there is a scene where the show us what black is by first showing grey with moon in middle as black then changing it to true black (amoled black) with same moon in middle but the problem is with full brightness there is an issue between grey and black that you have too see it by yourself i cant explain
And when brightness is reduced to 60% or less , there is lot of noice during grey scene
And when we reduce brightness less than 40% , the grey scene appears black only and not being grey
I compared this same video with hdr capabled oneplus device and non hdr samsubg devices and trust me , even non hdr samsung devices handled it like superb (s7 edge , samsung note 8 ) and just for reference i also compared it with lg 4k tv 55""
I tried my best to explain the problem hope i did good enough to be understood

[ Watch this video in youtube app and not in the same zentalk video for better understanding]
1 REPLY 1

sanjaylohare99
Star II
Saifuddin

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog 3
  2. Firmware Version: ......70
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

https://youtu.be/2J7xlDH4QkA

In this vedio , timeline from 1:31 to 1:37 , there is a scene where the show us what black is by first showing grey with moon in middle as black then changing it to true black (amoled black) with same moon in middle but the problem is with full brightness there is an issue between grey and black that you have too see it by yourself i cant explain

And when brightness is reduced to 60% or less , there is lot of noice during grey scene

And when we reduce brightness less than 40% , the grey scene appears black only and not being grey

I compared this same video with hdr capabled oneplus device and non hdr samsubg devices and trust me , even non hdr samsung devices handled it like superb (s7 edge , samsung note 8 ) and just for reference i also compared it with lg 4k tv 55""

I tried my best to explain the problem hope i did good enough to be understood

[ Watch this video in youtube app and not in the same zentalk video for better understanding]

Problem with black and grey levels
Yes I agree with that.Rog 3 could not handle shadow effects and low brightness content smoothly.after an latest.70 updates there's still low brightness issue available that screen could not managed to view betterly.I hope in upcoming updated it will resolve.