Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen resolution and DPI for external monitor

AndrewI
Star I
Hello!
I've owned ROG phone 3 Strix.
When I connecting it to external monitor or tv, they use screen resolution and DPI same as set on phone.
But it's not useful for text editing and etc. Because letters are too large and black bars on top and bottom of screen.
If it possible to change screen settings for external monitor, like it happens on Samsung and Huawei smartphones?

BR,
Andrey
3 REPLIES 3

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
hunter.ai

Hello!

I've owned ROG phone 3 Strix.

When I connecting it to external monitor or tv, they use screen resolution and DPI same as set on phone.

But it's not useful for text editing and etc. Because letters are too large and black bars on top and bottom of screen.

If it possible to change screen settings for external monitor, like it happens on Samsung and Huawei smartphones?

BR,

Andrey

Screen resolution and DPI for external monitor
I believe there's a experimental view mode with our Mobile desktop dock that does what you want but it can't be activated without the dock. Sorry!

AndrewI
Star I
Thank you for an answer!
One more question - should I use only mobile desktop dock or I could use asus professional dock or asus wi-fi dock?

noizemakernl
Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36227/screen-resolution-and-dpi-for-external-monitor

I believe there's a experimental view mode with our Mobile desktop dock that does what you want but it can't be activated without the dock. Sorry!

View post
How can i get to that setting ? I have the dock but cant find it