This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UM425IA - The battery won't charge and the battery indicator is blinking

daniel_dopiriak
Star II
System: Windows 10 Home
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: Asus zenbook UM425IA
Frequency of occurrence: once per week
Reset OS: I did not try
Screenshot or video: unfortunately I don't have any video, next time that will occur I will record one.
========================
Detailed description: Sometimes my laptop won't charge.. (it's showing that it's charging but it's not), I tried reinstalling the battery drivers but it won't help. Only way which helped was restarting the laptop several times and on the 5th time it worked. (this happened like 4 days ago for the 3rd time or so.) When I ran the MyAsus hardware diagnostics it showed problems with adapter. After restart everything was fine.
The battery indicator on the left was blinking.
+
This issue: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/112451#Comment_112451 The led next to the power button was also blinking.

image.png
Here is screenshot... I did get this problem now also when the battery is charging.
+ I did get the battery problem which never happened before
image.png

14 REPLIES 14

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Daniel,
The new BIOS has been send to you through PM,please kindly check.
and for the MyASUS diagnose, please ignore, there will be a new update soon.
It won't affect regular daily usage.
Thank you so much.

Idwal
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello Daniel,

The new BIOS has been send to you through PM,please kindly check.

and for the MyASUS diagnose, please ignore, there will be a new update soon.

It won't affect regular daily usage.

Thank you so much.

View post
Hi, I have the exact same problem with OP. Can you attach the file here or kindly PM me?
Thank you in advance.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Idwal,
What do you mean by problem with OP?
And which model do you have? UM425IA as well?
Thank you.

windtreader
Star I
i have the same problem as the threadstarter, same model um425ia, a windows update made somewhere last week started to give problems in charging since last tuesday 15 Sept. the asus bios update was also launched during the update but i continued by clicking ok. my serial number is L7N0LP021274305, after running the hardware checkup, it says there may be a issue with the adapter, but the laptop was just bought in 6 Sept.