Game Changer - Introducing the ROG Phone 3!
When we launched the original ROG Phone back in 2018, it reshaped the mobile gaming market as we know it; with its 90Hz display, top-end specs, and gamer-friendly controls. The ROG Phone II built on those successes with a new design and an even faster screen. Now, we’re thrilled to continue leading the mobile gaming market forward with the new ROG Phone 3.
Behold, the ROG Phone 3
We’ve kept many of the best features of the ROG Phone II, including the expansive 6.6” screen size and the same huge 6000mAh battery. But we’re always pushing the envelope, which is why we’ve packed in a powerful new Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus mobile platform and a beautiful 144Hz AMOLED screen that will advance what’s possible for elite mobile gamers in today’s hottest titles.
We’ve listened to your feedback on the ROG Phone II in order to create the best mobile gaming device possible. Features such as a second, side-mounted USB-C port for charging while gaming, a 6000mAh battery that lasts all day, and a high-refresh display are all essential elements that we’ve carried over into the ROG Phone 3. But while the two phones may look similar at first glance, there’s a lot more power under the hood that’s ready to level up your game.
One of the biggest challenges on a gaming phone is balancing screen size and the overall size of the device. We found that the 6.6” screen size and 21:9 aspect ratio of the previous ROG Phone gave users the largest screen size that was still comfortable for landscape gaming. A high-refresh-rate display is essential for fast-paced mobile shooters, which is why we’ve outfitted the ROG Phone 3 with a 144Hz AMOLED display to give gamers a new edge against the competition. High-refresh-rate panels just feel better for all the other things you do on a phone, too.
For more information about everything that's packed under the hood of the new ROG Phone 3, follow this link to the official product page:
ROG Phone 3 expansion accessories
- The ROG Kunai 3 Gamepad has been redesigned to provide the best versatility, whether you’re using the phone by itself, or with an external display. The Kunai 3 is made up of four modular components that can be rearranged depending on how you’re playing. Handheld mode attaches one Bluetooth controller to each side of the phone, or you can attach both controllers to either the full-size or lightweight gamepad, depending on your preference.
- The ROG Gaming Clip holds your phone in landscape mode and clips onto an Xbox, PlayStation, or Stadia controller. The variable clip is compatible with any phone that’s between 69mm and 80mm wide, including the ROG Phone 3, and can be adjusted to the optimal viewing angle for gaming.
- If the bundled case isn’t eye-catching enough for you, then look no further than the ROG Lighting Armor Case 3. This case keeps your phone protected from wear & tear and sports a head-turning Aura RGB ROG logo on the back that you can customize with various lighting effects to match your style. The case uses NFC to communicate with your phone to apply a matched theme with wallpaper, icons, and sounds for a unique and uniform look.
- One 6.6” 144Hz AMOLED screen is great, but what about a second? If you multitask while gaming, it can be difficult to keep an eye on things like chat apps or Twitch streams. But with the ROG TwinView Dock 3, you can add a second display above your phone. This is great for streaming, watching YouTube videos or tutorials while you play, or for games that let you take advantage of a second screen. The TwinView Dock and Kunai Gamepad can also be used together for the most comfortable mobile gaming experience.
- While a pair of USB-C ports are enough for most people, those who like to connect extras like headsets, external monitors, and wired controllers to their phone will appreciate the Professional Dock. This dock uses a single USB-C port and gives you an HDMI output, two USB Type-A ports, an Ethernet jack, and an additional USB-C port for charging.
- If you want to transform your ROG Phone 3 into a desktop gaming rig, then our Mobile Desktop Dock lets you do just that. This dock gives you everything a laptop or desktop would offer: Four USB 3.1 Type-A ports, a DisplayPort and HDMI connections capable of outputting 4K 60Hz, Gigabit LAN, and 3.5mm audio jacks. What’s more, you can connect a PC to the dock to seamlessly switch between the same hardware on both devices.
We designed the ROG Phone 3 with a laser focus on the needs of the most demanding mobile gamers around, and we’ve changed the game again. The powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus mobile platform and our comprehensive GameCool 3 heatsink system, plus the 144Hz HDR screen, massive 6000mAh battery, AirTriggers, and flexible accessory ecosystem let you use the ROG Phone 3 to play how you want, when you want, all with the leading performance you need to come out on top.
For more information on pricing, availability, and specifications of the ROG Phone 3 in your region, please contact your local ASUS representative.