ASUS JUST ADMIT IT

I am using Rog2 I am in android 9 right now.

Like zenfone6 .167 update triggered the motherboard issue. I can say something happened with our rog2 during A10 one of the stable.

It happened for most of the devices, heck I can't even use whatsapp and multitasking or playing games while charging.

Phone getting restarted.

ONLY IF I USE WHILE CHARGING.

I know it's a hardware issue. But why asus is not saying anything or admitting their side problem like they did for zenfone6 .167update.

#Dont tell me to factory reset. I did 5 times and I have tried all the A10 stable versions and A9 also. Due to corona I can't even go back to own country where I bought this phone.

@Anders_ASUS @titan67 @Titan_ASUS

Reference:https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/08/06/latest-zenfone-6-update-causing-crashes-asus-blames-motherboard-malfunction/?amp

Comments

• Yeah dude this is what pisses me most about Asus. So many ROG users facing this issue+ it's the same thing for every one of us( black screen/restart ). I myself am having this issue for the past two months yet we don't have a single announcement/ acknowledgement from the their side. They can post all the bs on their twitter handle, all these useless posts pinned on the front page of Zentalk yet no single mention of the issue. They claim refund/replacement but again it is affected by the poor service centres for ex centres in some cities just downgrade their phone to A9 (even though it don't fix the issue) and send it back to them + I have read many bad reviews about the service centre in my city as it handles phone from diff brands ( Asus, op, and many more ). That is why I emailed ASUS support first expecting them to atleast acknowledge it over email. But NO they still send me the service centre address asif I can't Google them. I hope I get my refund /replacement without any issue from the service centre.

• I am in Kuwait bro. I can't go back to India right now. Only 4months remaining for the warranty to end.

I understand you , i am also frustrated for spending 40k and getting black screen for using whatsapp.

Atleast they can announce or accept the fault from their side.

They are not even doing tht

• gsanchezgsanchez Level 2

I don't know if a project failure, since I can use my phone while charging (in my laptop or charger) without any kind of issue. Maybe (again, maybe), could be some devices affected by this problem. Years ago I bought a Lumia 920 that some devices (including my brand new one) were affected by a camera problem, which simply doesn't work, giving a black screen and some owners could take any photo or video, trying both Nokia and Windows Phone photo app... The day after my purchase I returned to store, showed them my problem and got my device replaced. I opened the box and tested if this particular problem persists in new device, but no, problem was gone.

I see lots of people complain about this, but I was never affected by black screen, overheating, network problems or so.

• As I said earlier , even in the link I have shown above zenfone 6 .167 updated triggered mother board issue for half of the devices.

Asus admitted it, so there is no problem in the service centre also.

Now many SC are doing downgrade the software and giving the phone back.

Asus knows this hardware issue, but they are silently ignoring it.

• Asus Have Only One Solutions Of All Bugs And That Is : 1. Wipe Catch Data 2. Use Safe Mode 3. Last Factory Data Hard Reset

For there all asus device.

• SwarajSwaraj Level 2

True they just recommend resetting device all time rather than improving their software

Well no doubt asus is good in terms of providing best hardwares but in terms of softwares m disappointed

Only reason i bought rog was bcuz of airtriggers n now i regret buying this phone

I'll never use asus phones nd recommend ppls not to use asus devices.

• Android 10 update for max pro m1

😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠

• Android 10 update for max pro m1

😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠

• sany.jamssany.jams Level 1

I am facing the same phone getting restarted problem. Is there any solution? Don't tell me to factory reset I have already done it bro...

• 😭😭😭 What we can do?

Asus ........😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

• rjayrjay Level 2

Look at my posts and see my recommendation.

• Hi,

Sorry to hear this. If you feel the device is restarting again and again even during normal operation. 

I advice you to Kindly visit the nearest service center:

Due to the lockdown, service centers may not be functional. Kindly call the service center before you visit one.

https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india

• psgbharathipsgbharathi Level 1
    edited July 31

We know about the service center thing. Thanks for the reply.

But looks at the forum and telegram group. So many users are facing it and some of the new phone useres also this issue is raising daily.

Why the asus is not saying anything, Didn't they find the root cause.

Becaz of asus service center peopel are just downgrading it giving it back.

Asus has to say something

• Dkz89Dkz89 Level 1

Asus can't say anything because once they say out they lost money. I agree with what you all saying 100% totally agree. But if I'm Asus Boss I will do the same thing keep my mouth shut and pretend nothing happen and continue with rog 3 or 4 and so on.

• I understand bro.

I understand bro. Atleast they have to inform the issues to the service center or when service center people contact asus for the restart/black screen log ASUS should speed things up.

Service center guys can't find the solution and they refuse to change the motherboard. They just downgrading the software and giving it back.