edited September 30 in ZenBook
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX580GE
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Each Time
  5. Reset OS: -
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description: Whenever I'm trying to install Screenpad 2.0 upgrade tool it will appear Error 1001: System.Configuration.Install.InstallException: ..................................

Does anyone know how to fix this? I wanna try Screenpad 2.0 badly. Thanks in advance

Comments

• edited June 10

Hi @mrzh4s , have you performed OS reset previously? If yes, please let me know if you performed OS reset from your computer settings, or if you performed OS reset by installing from other sources.  Thanks!

• KarregKarreg Level 1

Hello,

I have the exact same issue, and yes at some point I had to restore the system with an external media (standard Windows ISO) because Asus is not providing the original ISO.

Is there a place where we can find the original ISO? My model is a UX480FD, and I can't find any ISO anywhere on the support page...

I understand the reason behind the limitation to the ASUS system, but at least the ISO should be provided in some way. Please help :)

• mrzh4smrzh4s Level 1
    edited June 11

i did factory reset via setting in windows. nothing much. from this reset i lost my display icm and can't perform update screenpad.

• Hi @mrzh4s we suspect that some files has been lost during the factory reset. We would suggest to bring it to repair center as our agent will install factory OS again for you, and you may also request to update screenpad to 2.0 version. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thanks!

• edited June 11

Hello @Karreg, we are recommending user to perform factory reset via setting in windows. eSupport is located in C drive and it contains all the drivers you need for reset. Thank you for your suggestions, we will provide it to our technical department for better development in the future. Thank you!

• edited June 18

Hi @mrzh4s, Is this the first time you try to upgrade your screenpad? Or you done that before then after that a fresh install of windows?

• yamaguchiyamaguchi Level 1

Same problem here. I have re-installed windows myself.

So, Can I sent to asus-support-center in my country for upgrade screenpad 2.0 ?

I want different solution if can

• Hello yamaguchi,

Which model do you have?

If you originally have screenpad 1.0 and then reinstalled your own Windows.

Please kindly send your device to service center to install the factory OS back,

meanwhile, you may request to upgrade 2.0 under factory OS.

Thank you.

• yamaguchiyamaguchi Level 1

Thanks for the answer.

I'm using ux580

• Osouk365Osouk365 Level 1

I have been trying for about 5 hours to try and get ScreenPad 2.0 to install. It seems crazy that we have to physically send the device back to Asus to have this installed? Why cant there just be a simple way of making this work?! I thought that the ScreenPad was meant to be one of the main highlights of a Zenbook Flip? It just seems absolutely crazy to me that the drivers cant just be simply installed without having to send it back! What a waste of a day!

• edited July 27

Hello @Osouk365 ,

You are having UX563FD, with screenpad 2.0 directly.

Totally different thing with the above users.

I have replied you in your thread.

Thank you.

• Hello.

Same problem here. I have ASUS ZenBook Flip 14 UX463F with screenpad. I have done a fresh Windows install, and now is acting like a second display. In Device Manager everything si ok. I tried to find drivers for my notebook , but on ASUS website , i can't find my model. I think a gud old hammer will do the job! :))) 

I have contacted Asus support, they told me to send them some pictures with de Notebook and serial number . They don't understand why the exact model is not on the website. I am still wainting for an answer.

• Hi from Russia!

I've got the same problem. After spending some time, i find the solution.

If you have fresh install of original Windows ISO, you got the problem, when you try to install ScreenPad 2 update.

The solution (in my case I’ve got Zenbook Pro UX590GD):

1.     After fresh install of Windows (or if you have problems wit screenpad upgrade tool in your system), go to ASUS support page of your notebook and download NOT THE LATEST version of BIOS and DOWNGRADE your BIOS!!!

2.     After downgrading your BIOS, install screenpad 1 drivers (screenpad toolbar, screenpad launcher)

3.     Then, after doing these steps and rebooting your computer you can download screenpad 2 upgrade and run it: this update automatically upgrades your BIOS to the latest version and correctly install update your screenpad for the version 2.

P.S.: Asus support center can't help. I think, they must put this solution on the main site of ASUS support, because the solution iv very easy – downgrade your BIOS, install screenpad 1 drivers and then screenpad 2 upgrade tool will work correctly!

• Hello @whiskasthedogg ,

You are having below model, right?

https://www.asus.com/2-in-1-PCs/ASUS-ZenBook-Flip-14-UX463FL/

Please refer to the FAQ below to reinstall the drivers.

Please be informed that the installation order of the driver must be followed.

Thank you.

• DANIJELDANIJEL Level 1

andreev1985, how can I downgrade bios?

• What is the model number of your notebook and bios version?

• Try these steps:

1. Go to the asus support page of your notebook.
    2. Download the penultimate or earlier version of the BIOS.
    3. Extract downloaded BIOS on the usb flash drive.
    4. Then boot the UEFI, go to the advanced mode and find ASUS EZ flash...
    5. Click on the ASUS EZ... and you see the window, where you can select dowloaded bios file on your usb flash drive.
    6. Chose (click) these file and this utily will flash bios (downgrade bios)
    7. Then you can do the steps, which I described in the first post.
This discussion has been closed.