This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redish tint shift when switching from 60 to 90hz or 120hz

Carlo_G
Rising Star I
Hi i noticed a redish tint shift when switching from 60hz to 90h or 120hz . I noticed this when i have a dark gray background . It's normal color dark gray when on 60hz but when i try to switch to 90hz it becomes redish and to 120hz again it will little worst the redish tint. Any solution with this? Thankyou very much.
12 REPLIES 12

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Welcome to the club brother. This has been complained hundreds of times but we got no proper response from Asus. Now we are just living with it.

Carlo_G
Rising Star I
Yes i just saw it with other comments , they say it has something to do with OLED panels pushing higher refresh rate. Minor solution is up the phone's brightness . It annoys me because I'm comfortable with 30+ brightness . But it's all good. I hope they can manage to fix or do something in future updates.

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Carlo G

Yes i just saw it with other comments , they say it has something to do with OLED panels pushing higher refresh rate. Minor solution is up the phone's brightness . It annoys me because I'm comfortable with 30+ brightness . But it's all good. I hope they can manage to fix or do something in future updates.

View post
All we got from Asus is that all OLEDS have this and they are ok because even other brands have it. Meanwhile my LG V30 with OLED and my friend's Samsung with AMOLED have zero issues. Asus just doesn't care. They swept it under the rug.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Carlo G

Hi i noticed a redish tint shift when switching from 60hz to 90h or 120hz . I noticed this when i have a dark gray background . It's normal color dark gray when on 60hz but when i try to switch to 90hz it becomes redish and to 120hz again it will little worst the redish tint. Any solution with this? Thankyou very much.

Redish tint shift when switching from 60 to 90hz or 120hz
It's an issue with oled panels reported widely with all phones that launch with 90/120 hz refresh rates
Slightly more on 120hz panels, basically the higher the refresh rate the more prominent the tint is
Oneplus 8pro/7pro,Rog 2,pixel 4,S20 ultra all high refresh rate phones have it but the 8pro has a lot of other widely reported display issues too (just google em + I've seen widespread reports on their tg grp and it's worser compared to Rog)
As long as the tech doesn't improve tint is here to stay on amoleds