Rog Phone 2 Black screen and power off while Charging

kirankumar17897kirankumar17897 Level 1
edited January 1 in ROG Phone 2

My Rog phone 2 automatically power off while Charging I face this issue for past 3 days while charging than phone

Then while playing Pubg my mobile temperature is 39° and than phone freez and automatically reboot than device

I can't play a single game properly whith my most awarded game smartphone of the year 2019

After the latest update this typer of issues are happening so please fix those issues

I bought this phone for playing eSports tournament on PUBG Mobile but I can't play a single game properly

Give us a good software update to fix all those issues

Comments

• I am also facing the same issue. After I keep it for charging, after some time the phone is turned off. I am facing this issue after the recent update. Have not seen this issue before. @Anders_ASUS any updates on the cause of this issue will be highly appreciated. I have attached a screenshot of the system update version.

• This issue is already out there, apparently they're still looking into it since past week.

• Same here broo My friends are laughing at me for this...put soo many money on this and this thing happening that to first gaming mobile ...recent update was the worst while playing pubg game mobile switch off nearly 4 to 5 times tired of this... Please fix this sir everyone facing the same issue...

• If you're (frequently) experiencing this issue, please take your device to a local service center for RMA. As for root causes, we're still studying logs and devices.

• My Rog phone 2 automatically power off while Charging I face this issue from this latest updates

Then while playing Pubg my mobile temperature is 39° and than phone freez and automatically reboot than device

I can't play a single game properly with my most awarded game smartphone of the year 2019-20

I bought this phone for playing eSports tournament on PUBG Mobile but I can't play a single game properly

Give us a good software update to fix all those issues

• Same issue on my side for more then a month.its a little disappointing for a gaming handphone..was still thinkinh of ROG 3 till this happens...hope it will be resolved soon manz.

• My Rog phone 2 automatically reboots while playing PUBG

While playing Pubg my mobile temperature is 40 and than phone freez and automatically reboot than device

I can't play a single game properly.

Please fix this ASUS

• ronald1985ronald1985 127.0.0.1 Level 5

How much RAM does your phone have (I think you all have 8GB)? And then before you run PUBG game, how much is it currently in use? I tend to keep mine below 4GB, so that is a little over 50% free for the game you play.

This is why ROG is allow more easier in this case, because you can deny those annoying auto start up apps which you don't need that's taking up valuable memory.

PUBG is resource intensive, so it's better to have not alot running.

Running out of memory can cause your phone to restart.

• Same her and also while I'm playing mobile legend or call of duty she wll automatically shutdown I am very disappointed of this brand of mobile phone i will not going to buy the rog 3

At the first day of this i am very happy cuz i have this now phone that i am dreaming then at the next months its shit amd start autoshutdown autorestart

• I m also encountering the same problems.I have been to Local Repair but they can't fix the issues .Bye Rog 2 .i will never buy Asus brand phone again .

• Same problem here. is Asus going to do anything about this?

ASUS won't be able to resolve an issue that's related to a game.....

If you Google around, you will find other people are getting the same issue and they don't have an ASUS phone:

Issue #1

Issue #2

From a perspective of checking what could potentially the issue be, it's probably worth checking to see the following links as I have tried to suggest it in the past.

Link #1

Link #2

https://www.komando.com/tech-tips/7-fixes-for-a-phone-that-keeps-restarting-or-crashing/581117/

Good Luck!

• Is this mobile a gaming phone or normal ? If it can't handle heat and people complaining about switch off while playing games ? We are talking about Android 10 software problems coz of that many of them facing the similar issue then. Why can't asus resolve that and make everything good instead that Ronaldo saying other companies facing same issue and de say we still trying to know the problem..really ? Looool

Yes, it's a gaming phone. But if poorly developed games is created, the system will not handle that sort of things. My point is that ASUS are not the only company who is having this problem. It can also be the person using the phone because I didn't get the issue while playing on PUBG.

You should see why people think IPhone is better than Android phones, it was interesting. PUBG need to a have a software that fits across all android phones. IPhones on the other hand only need to look at IPhones, therefore it's easier for PUBG just to have one version of the game. It's how ecosystem works.

Have you checked the kernal code to see if there was an issue? If you can do that and can evidence there is an issue then I don't have much to say on that. Otherwise, there's no evidence to say it's an ASUS issue. However, the evidence I provided in the above link shows that other phones have the same issues.

• PhilbertPhilbert Level 1
    edited June 2020

Auto switching upon charging and auto restarting when charging of a switch off phone are aint issues related to game i suppose.

i also believe that by keep auto restarting it may possibly bug some of the apps which i have to reinstall like outlook as well as pubG.My phone is okie playing pubG.My problem starts when it charges.

And it seems to charge very slowly these days.

• Same problem .. switch off or screen lock while charging.. even if we play in ultimate x mode and record any games the screen keeps blinking and the phone stops working ... Is 855+ such a weak processor or the software updates that asus is providing us is not optimised for this processor..

Fix this problem as soon as possible

• PhaiPhai Level 1
    edited July 2020

I have same issue. It happen every time when I play PUBG mobile or even Facebook app. I try to update firmware to lastest version, but it isn't working to solve this issue. Please fix this issue.

• UtshoUtsho Level 1

I'm having the same problem. If anyone have any solution, please help me

• is asus still working on rog 2 phone shutdown while charging?

• Downgraded to Android 9 and still shutting while charging.

This discussion has been closed.