Touchpad issue on my ASUS ZenBook Flip 14 UM462DA

System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Description: Touchpad issue
Model: ASUS ZenBook Flip 14 UM462DA
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes

I purchase this laptop two weeks ago. From the start there was problem with touchpad. Touchpad is unresponsive and skips alot which was very frustrating. I tried installing all the drivers, new ones, old ones but nothing helped. I contacted ASUS customer service and they also suggested all this things but in the end they told me to send laptop to the service. So I took my laptop and hand it over to the store where i bought it. Four days passed and they call me to tell me that they sent my laptop to the service centar and they couldn't repair the problem so I got new laptop - same model as the old one (ASUS ZenBook Flip 14 UM462DA).

Yea, same story with this one. I am very dissapointed because this is second laptop with this problem. I have all the newest drivers installed and the problem is still here. If anybody have some solution please help me.

Thanks

Comments

• same issues are happened in safe mode also.
    send pm
  • Same issue. Just now trying it out for the first time and mouse is flying all over the place. Completely unusable! First thing i tried was updating to latest drivers and rebooted computer, did not help. Tried changing som sensitivity settings - did not help.

This is really a very, very poor first impression Asus. Please fix this ASAP as it is clearly some kind of bigger issue.
  • I am having the same issue. Any progress on this from Asus side in the past month?
  • mbak565 posted on 2019/10/30 13:08
    I am having the same issue. Any progress on this from Asus side in the past month?

i am using driver 12.0.0.24 , no issues at all with different laptop
  • RAJU2529 posted on 2019/10/30 04:12
    i am using driver 12.0.0.24 , no issues at all with different laptop

Just got a replacement laptop, same version as the first. This one has the same problem with the trackpad not working. It's actually a bit worse because the new light-up number pad feature does not work either (not that I care so much about that). Trackpad is unusable when the computer is under load. I guess i will get a 3rd one....
  • mbak565 posted on 2019/11/13 18:31
    Just got a replacement laptop, same version as the first. This one has the same problem with the t ...

Sorry, then I dont have any ideas.
  • I also have this issued :(
    My new Asus Zenbook UM462DA error in Touchpad.
    not accurate and some time flying.
    Is it because many dust fall in my touchpad?
  • Dear all,
    May I know your touchpad driver version?
    The latest one is ASUS Precision Touchpad V12.0.0.24
    Please kindly update it if you haven't.
    https://www.asus.com/2-in-1-PCs/ASUS-ZenBook-Flip-14-UM462DA/HelpDesk_Download/
    Thank you.
  • I am facing the exact same issue as well on my brand new UM462DA, had it replace with another unit, still experiencing the same problem with the touchpad. Hoping there's a solution to this issue real soon, it's really frustrating to have two brand new Zenbooks and not being able to use the touchpad properly.
  • blake_ASUS posted on 2019/11/19 13:21
    Dear all,
    May I know your touchpad driver version?
    The latest one is ASUS Precision Touchpad V12.0.0 ...

My touchpad driver's version is v 12.0.0.24
  • same issue here...got flip 13, returned, got flip 14 same issue- pointer does not sit still sometimes while touching touchpad, not sure how to describe....it skips some beats
  • I'm thinking to buy this laptop - asus zenbook flip 14 um462/431 da....but seeing these issuing , I'm having second thoughts ,.... should i not care and go for it or buy other, like hp Pavilion x360 dh1010tu? Please help
  • I searched YouTube for the disassembly of some ASUS laptops that have problems with the touchpad (UX330, UX501, UX534, FX504 / 505).

I have also sought the disassembly of other similar portaliles in design of other brands (with the battery under the touchpad).

I put a picture where you can see that ASUS laptops have no protection for electromagnetic interference (EMI).

1jufxN.jpg
  • I can confirm I have the latest driver (12.0.0.24) I have also tested using older drivers and found that the problem is either worse or unaffected. Until this issue is fixed I would definitely recommend avoiding this laptop. The warranty allows me to replace it, but it seems all replacements have the same issue.
  • duboissonny posted on 2019/11/20 23:07
    My touchpad driver's version is v 12.0.0.24

How to change it from current windows driver to this version?
    I have download from asus.com.

And then dont know how to do.

Could someone helped me?

Thanks
  • harli.galaxytab posted on 2019/11/27 08:50
    How to change it from current windows driver to this version?
    I have download from asus.com.

my laptop has precision touchpad driver v 12.0.0.27 and installed uisng device manager
  • RAJU2529 posted on 2019/11/27 17:32
    my laptop has precision touchpad driver v 12.0.0.27 and installed uisng device manager

I can't find the driver version 12.0.0.27 anywhere. It's not under device manager nor the asus website...
  • duboissonny posted on 2019/11/29 13:46
    I can't find the driver version 12.0.0.27 anywhere. It's not under device manager nor the asus web ...

I will share the links very soon
  • I recently bought a unit and had the same problem...it was very disapointing... but after a BIOS update the trackpad problem has gone (hope that for good).
  • patriciaoliveira1174 posted on 2019/12/9 01:31
    I recently bought a unit and had the same problem...it was very disapointing... but after a BIOS upd ...

Thank you for that suggestion. I will try to update my bios now and hopefully it will fix the problem