This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Desktop Dock HDMI connection and controlling phone through Kunai Gamepad

OPC
Zen Master II
According to Asus website Mobile Desktop Dock supports HDMI 2.0 streaming 4K/60 Hz
I have recently bought LG C9 TV set which supports HDMI 2.2 and can receive 4K/120 Hz.
Having such a gorgeous 55" screen the Mobile Desktop Dock would be a perfect addition. Possibility to additionally stream sound to my home theatre and have the wired gigabit internet through Dock would be an amazing bonus. Everything would be controlled with Kunai gamepad.
Questions:
1. Would it be possible through software update to achieve through HDMI 4K/120 Hz stream to the TV, or this is strictly hardware related? Is it possible as an option through Display port (out) to HDMI (in)?
2. Phone being plugged into the dock and streaming to TV, is it possible to control the phone through Kunai? Not just gaming, but also selecting apps, playing music, answering calls, texting messages and emails, etc.
4 REPLIES 4

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Sorry for the late reply.
I don't know the technical specs for any of the ROG Phone accessories very well, but I will see if I can get an answer for you.

OPC
Zen Master II
Thanks LP_ASUS!

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
OPC

According to Asus website Mobile Desktop Dock supports HDMI 2.0 streaming 4K/60 Hz

I have recently bought LG C9 TV set which supports HDMI 2.2 and can receive 4K/120 Hz.

Having such a gorgeous 55" screen the Mobile Desktop Dock would be a perfect addition. Possibility to additionally stream sound to my home theatre and have the wired gigabit internet through Dock would be an amazing bonus. Everything would be controlled with Kunai gamepad.

Questions:

1. Would it be possible through software update to achieve through HDMI 4K/120 Hz stream to the TV, or this is strictly hardware related? Is it possible as an option through Display port (out) to HDMI (in)?

2. Phone being plugged into the dock and streaming to TV, is it possible to control the phone through Kunai? Not just gaming, but also selecting apps, playing music, answering calls, texting messages and emails, etc.

Mobile Desktop Dock HDMI connection and controlling phone through Kunai Gamepad
4K/60Hz is not only the limit of the dock but also the phone unfortunately. 4K/120Hz requires crazy bandwidth and it's still a phone 🙂 I believe 2560x1440 @ 120Hz is maximum what it can push out but unfortunately, there's no way for you to select this. We tried but Android makes it hard without running into issues.
Technically yes, it's possible but it's not designed for this so navigation is quite inconvenient. It's better to find a real remote or a small keyboard with touchpad

OPC
Zen Master II
Thanks for the answer Anders! If I decide to make the jump I will share my experience here.