Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone Max Pro M1 won't charge after battery drain

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: zenfone max pro m1
Firmware Version: i'm not sure
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: currently occurring (first time it happened)
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My phone isn't charging after getting battery drained. Last night, my phone was at maybe 5%, so I decided to charge it while I slept. When I woke up, I checked my phone, and it was black and won't turn on. I thought maybe I didn't plug it in correctly, so I charged it again. The red light is on, indicating it was charging, so I left it to charge while I prepared breakfast. However, when I came back, I tried turning it on as it has been charging for awhile, but it still wouldn't turn on. The red light is on and when I go on the screen, the battery image has the lightning symbol. However, it doesn't have the moving green thing in the battery that indicates it's actually charging? I'm sorry. I hope I'm still somewhat explaining it clearly. Instead of the moving green thing, the battery image has a bit of red on the bottom, but no green.
So I thought maybe the charger was the problem and decided to use another charger. After some time, still the same issue. I also tried doing hard reset to see if that may actually do something. Still the same issue.
I'm planning on taking it to the service center, but lockdown here is still pretty serious. So if you could give any suggestions at all, please do so. I really need my phone for my classes.
1 REPLY 1

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi precious.carait
Thank you for your asking. According to what you described, you already did some troubleshooting yet the situation remains the same. If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs
Furthermore, please note that using the battery in low percentage or during charging are quite harmful for the battery.
For more information, please refer to the links below
[Phone/Pad] Tips for battery charging and storage | Official Support | ASUS Global[ZenFone/Pad] Power saving skills | Official Support | ASUS Global