This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch is not working after March update in Max Pro M2

Alankar
Star I
When I boughg new Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 phone there was touch issue.
I requested for return on flipkart but they sent technician and he just reset the phone. Again next day touch problem occurred and technician did the same again. This return and reset process continued 5 times i.e. I put the return request on flipkart 5 times but they didn't approved the return. Meanwhile I got the next Software update on my phone and phone worked till March( When the warranty period expired). But after March update the touch problem started again. It lasted for 2 days and started working automatically. But after around 10 days the same problem occurred again. This time it didn't get resolved automatically. Then I did factory reset, no benefit of this....then I downgraded to WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072 from WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.092
But no gain...touch is still not working ...now I installed anothet version i.e. Android 10 beta version from official Asus website. Touch still not working.
I decided to downgrade it to the earlier version i.e. WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072
But it showed error
E3304: This package is for ASUS_X01BD devices. This is X01BD device.
Now I changed the code where it check the Device Model. It is available in Updater script file. And installed the framework WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072 using TWRP recovery. This time touch started working.
Please tell me what is the exact problem behind this touch issue.
And please fix it in new firmware update and release as soon as possible.
40 REPLIES 40

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi Alankar,
Please check your inbox for a message I have sent you. Thank you 🙂

Pulakesh
Star II
I am also facing this same problem.I am not familiar with such kind of things.Please help me.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Pulakesh
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Did you just purchase the device and want to request a refund?
2. How long have you used the device?
3. Your current firmware version
Settings>System>About Phone>Build Number
If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still persist?
4. Does the issue appear after any system/apps' download or update?
5. Can you elaborate more on your issue? What kind of circumstances have you faced the issue?
6. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
7. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

Pulakesh
Star II
I tried every possible way( safe boot,fastboot, hard reset,soft reset etc.).
1.its been 1.5 years of purchase.If there is any kind of refund policy,that will be helpful.
2.currently i am using anroid 10 beta.Also Tried other updates like pie, but the problem was in also there.
3.I am unable to search Build number,as my touch response is completely not working.
4.I think the problem was started from pie update.
Its my last hope.Hope they will find out a solution.