This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System UI freezing on daily basis

dvalko395_dv
Star II
My system freezes once per day every day. I can't do anything but restart the whole phone. I'm a proud owner of ZenFone MAX Pro (M1), 4GB RAM, 64GB internal space. I got it as a Christmas gift and turned it on the very first time on Dec 23rd 2018, so it's turned a year in my hands already.
I included a bug report from one of those freezes, when I somehow got over that huge system-wide freeze. Hopefully this will get a patch, or at least gets solved soon, it's quite annoying when you watch a video and all of a sudden, notification about taking a screenshot from over 8 hours ago appears on top of screen, letting you know the freeze has started.
13 REPLIES 13

dvalko395_dv
Star II
Apparently, that was the only system UI freeze I've experienced since the reset, so I guess it fixed my issue. I might try and update it as well, even though I have no experience with stuff like this, therefore no idea whether it'll wipe my data or no. Thanks a lot for help, I appreciate that.

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
dvalko395.dv

Apparently, that was the only system UI freeze I've experienced since the reset, so I guess it fixed my issue. I might try and update it as well, even though I have no experience with stuff like this, therefore no idea whether it'll wipe my data or no. Thanks a lot for help, I appreciate that.

View post
Glad to know that performing hard reset fixed your issue. But as you are on .061 version, and you still didn't get the FOTA notification of the latest .063 version, you should install the same manually. I can guide you on that and let me tell you that installing Firmware updates manually doesn't wipe any user data.
To update the .063 version manually, follow the below mentioned steps
Copy the following link and paste it to your browser and download will instantly start. You may download it on your mobile browser too. Make sure you have high speed net available with you. If you want to download it over mobile data, then its recommended to download it after 2:00 am at night when mobile data congestion is less so that you'd get better speed.
The link is -> https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZB601KL/UL-ASUS_X00T-WW-16.2017.2004.063-user.zip
Once download is over, go to your file manager and from the "Download" folder, move the downloaded zip file to your root directory of the internal storage. Do not open or extract or rename the zip file at all.
Once moving to internal storage is done, wait for 5 to 10 seconds or simply restart the phone once and you will see update notification is showing up at the notification bar.
Simply tap on that notification and your manual installation will start happening. Let it install. Once its done, your phone will restart automatically.
After rebooting, go to settings -> system -> about phone -> scroll down to the bottom -> check build number. It should show the version build number with .063.
It would be better idea to perform "Wipe Partition Cache" operation from the Recovery Menu once after the manual installation of the Firmware. It would eliminate the junk files from the previous Firmware version which may cause conflicts.

dvalko395_dv
Star II
I've checked my system updates in settings a few minutes ago before coming here, and it found the latest update. Thanks a lot for help again. Now to test this version out, I'll need a couple of days, so I'll be sure those nasty freezes won't appear again.

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
dvalko395.dv

I've checked my system updates in settings a few minutes ago before coming here, and it found the latest update. Thanks a lot for help again. Now to test this version out, I'll need a couple of days, so I'll be sure those nasty freezes won't appear again.

View post
Awesome that you got the FOTA indeed upon checking the system update. It made your joh easier.. 😊
Yeah, sure. Keep using and keep checking the phone for next couple of days. If you could, go to the Recovery Menu once and perform the "Wipe Partition Cache" operation once and reboot after that. Let us know the result after couple of days.. 👍🏻👍🏻