This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] Max Pro M1 Can not insert widgets on Android 10 beta 438 build

qromodynmc
Rising Star II
Today i installed build 438 on my max pro m1, there wasn't any issue till i decided to customize it. I don't know if it's just my phone or not but here's the problem;
When I try to add weather widget (accuweather and asus weather), i select widget, place it on my home screen, then it asks me to select my location, after doing that widget disappears. Basically i can't place any widget that has two stage setup.
The weather widget i used on android 9 worked till i accidentally removed it. 😞
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi qromodynmc
Thank you for your asking. I just tested my Max Pro M1 in WW-17.2017.2012.438 and I can successfully insert the widgets of "AccuWeather" and "Settings shortcut". Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
2. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

View solution in original post

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Besides, please note that I edited your title so that other users who faces a similar issue can be more easily to find your thread. Hope you don't mind. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

zamakiyakishan
Rising Star II
qromodynmc

Today i installed build 438 on my max pro m1, there wasn't any issue till i decided to customize it. I don't know if it's just my phone or not but here's the problem;

When I try to add weather widget (accuweather and asus weather), i select widget, place it on my home screen, then it asks me to select my location, after doing that widget disappears. Basically i can't place any widget that has two stage setup.

The weather widget i used on android 9 worked till i accidentally removed it. 😞

Major issue with widgets on 438 build.
You Tried Wipe Cache Data, Or Factory Data Hard Rest Your Phone. Then Also You Are Facing Same Or Not ?

qromodynmc
Rising Star II
zamakiyakishan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/42321/major-issue-with-widgets-on-438-build

You Tried Wipe Cache Data, Or Factory Data Hard Rest Your Phone. Then Also You Are Facing Same Or Not ?

View post
I tried wiping cache and deleting quicksteps data, but not factory reset, i have so much data that i can't afford to do factory reset.
No one else has the same problem?

qromodynmc
Rising Star II
I'm adding a screen recording of whats happening.
Edit; For some reason widgets started to work, after installing and removing several launches, maybe something fixed the issue.

sujanjsr0
Rising Star II
Can anyone share battery graph?