This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset mode alwas on (without a headset pluged in)

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone Live ASUS_X00RD
Firmware Version: Android 8.0.0 - Build 15.07.2007.57
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Not an app issue
========================================
Hello and happy 2022!
My Zenfone is stuck with the headset icon shown on the upper system bar, on the right, even without anything pluged in the 3.5 . Because of this occurs, all the sound is gone (except when I do plugin some earphones and they have sound).
I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue as the problem started intermitentely but now is stuck. I used a 3rd part app that overrules this sound issue but it filled the screen with unpleasent adds.
So, my questions are:
1) How to clean the 3.5 audio port? I tried vaccuum cleaner, cotton rub with a bit of alcohol,..
I read a post claming that the cover applied some sort pressure and made the phone "think" a headset was connected. But I don't have a cover.
2) Is there a way to root the phone and disable/bypass the headset permanentely? This would be OK because I never plug in a 3.5jack.
Thank you.
1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
marialeonorpcruz

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone Live ASUS_X00RD
  2. Firmware Version: Android 8.0.0 - Build 15.07.2007.57
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Not an app issue

========================================

Hello and happy 2022!

My Zenfone is stuck with the headset icon shown on the upper system bar, on the right, even without anything pluged in the 3.5 . Because of this occurs, all the sound is gone (except when I do plugin some earphones and they have sound).

I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue as the problem started intermitentely but now is stuck. I used a 3rd part app that overrules this sound issue but it filled the screen with unpleasent adds.

So, my questions are:

1) How to clean the 3.5 audio port? I tried vaccuum cleaner, cotton rub with a bit of alcohol,..

I read a post claming that the cover applied some sort pressure and made the phone "think" a headset was connected. But I don't have a cover.

2) Is there a way to root the phone and disable/bypass the headset permanentely? This would be OK because I never plug in a 3.5jack.

Thank you.

Headset mode alwas on (without a headset pluged in)
@marialeonorpcruz
According to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.