This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 Speaker is not working

kuboha
Star II

After an update speaker stopped working. Videos are being recorded without sound.

Whatsapp call also don't work using speaker. It work only when I use the bluetooth phones

What works: phone call without speaker or using bluetooth phones.

1. Model Name: Zenfone 9
  2. Firmware Version: Android 13  version  33.0804.2060.100, updated on 03/07/2023
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikeburnsnz
Star III

There is a known speakerphone fault with the zenfone 9. There is no fix. We are recommending people return the phone in the hope that Asus sorts the problem out. I wouldn't hold your breath though as it has been going on since launch. Mine is with Asus head office currently (whatever that means). If its not back next week I am demanding a full refund. Good luck!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

mikeburnsnz
Star III

There is a known speakerphone fault with the zenfone 9. There is no fix. We are recommending people return the phone in the hope that Asus sorts the problem out. I wouldn't hold your breath though as it has been going on since launch. Mine is with Asus head office currently (whatever that means). If its not back next week I am demanding a full refund. Good luck!

I sent my phone back to Asus support and they could fix it using my guarantee. I had to pay for freight, it wasn't cheap but at least they could solve the problem.

It took just 1 day for the repair.

That's great! I guess the issue you had was hardware related. Asus couldn't fix mine.

kuboha
Star II

Thanks for the information. I'll open a request directly on Asus.