cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 9 randomly restarts

HelpingHand
Rising Star I
Hi all,
I bought an Asus ZenFone 9 from the UK online store. I started to migrate the apps from my old phone to the zf9 and once I finished I started to use my new ZenFone 9 as my main phone. However, I noticed around 3 dso that when i wentato unplug a fter charging the phone it looked as if it has been restarted. I thought it was a software update that somehow just did that so I didn't pay attention but then it repeated again and again every day since.

I started paying attention to it and started trying to disable certain features to see if that made a difference: disabled mobile data, left everything on and now I'm on airplane mode with WiFi on.

I upgraded to the latest version that was pushed some days ago hoping that it would magically solve the issue but... it didn't!

I quick Google Search revealed that sadly this issue is not that uncommon, and has already happened in the UK and Germany to other ZenFone 9 owners.

Is this a hardware problem? Is there a fix or a patch other than simply perform a factory reset and keep seeing the same issue? Can please someone from Asus look into this issue?
Plehank youase tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2040.2040.23
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: every day
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): not related to an app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
=================================

screenshot-20220929-111646-settings.jpg
screenshot-20220929-111703-settings.jpg

Scenario: use the phone as usual, leave the phone idle a few times a day, at some point, when you try to use the phone after it sat idle for some time you'll notice that it had restarted because you'll be asked to enter your password again and about/ status will show an up time of just a few minutes
291 REPLIES 291

Yes, I've just started experiencing it in the last few weeks (that I am aware of). I've had my phone next to me on my desk, untouched for a hour or so, and saw it spontaneously reboot for no reason. It could have done this before but I did not notice. It has happened both when it was charging (up to about 70% charged) and not charging (disconnected from power but plenty of battery left).

I have:

• A pin set up for my phone which i type in every time to unlock, no fingerprint, no face recognition, or other login methods.
  • 2 sim cards which I use, first one is local (Poland), and second one is on roaming (Australia)
  • Updates are set to manual so I have to manually choose to download and reboot to apply them.
  • Game app stuff is turned off

I know this has happened because normally when I enter my pin and get it correct it immediately unlocks the phone, but after a restart/reboot it requires I press the enter key on the keypad after putting the pin in to unlock.

After the first time I looked into this issue, found this thread,  and did the calculator thing so I have logs available but they're quite large. I've looked through them and near as I can tell it looks either like a kernel panic or some sort of update was applied and a reboot happened. I'll have to wait for it to happen again to get a good time point in the logs to narrow down the issue.

PM me if you want the logs even though I can't remember exact times and dates that these reboots happened.

jjdynasty
Star I

Hello

white 256 gb zenfone 9 with the restarting problem here

I don't know if its a known thing but it seems to primarily when I'm watching youtube? or maybe I just spend too much time watching youtube. it happens at least twice a day while I'm using it. USA. can one of the mods dm so i can send logs once I get them? thanks.

also is there a way to scroll to the end of the thread instantly

Hey @jjdynasty,

Thanks you bringing this is up.
I've sent you a PM, please share the logs there.

sorry ill get them eventually. currently working 60 hr weeks so its hard to prioritize getting the

logs rn

Imaginous
Star II

Today I had my 4th cold reboot. 

I also had about 8 warm reboots. 

This is getting annoying.

ASUS Netherlands is not helping. 

I'm on the latest firmware.