This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 died before warranty

taddy
Star I

The time has come, my Zenfone 9 gave up yesterday. Was listening to music then put it down on the table and after a few hours later when I checked it was completely unresponsive. Tried to charge it (although it was at 80% when I stopped listening to music), restarting (with just power button / power + volume) but the phone is completely unresponsive.

To avoid speculations

the phone was in case from the start (I still have the original SN sticker)

screen is 100% fine (screen protector + no damage at all)

never been in water (not even spilled water)

battery health was good a few weeks ago when I checked

Has something like this happened to your Zenfone or am I an unlucky one?

Called Asus and fortunately the phone still has 1.5 months from its warranty so gonna RMA it, but I'm a bit worried considering Asus RMA history from recent events.

Honestly, this is the first time a phone dies from literally nothing. I have an LG G7 which is still functioning, a Pixel 4 which is still used by a family member, heck even a Pixel 6 and all of them are fine except this ZF.

1 REPLY 1

dillypickle
Star I

I had the same (or similar at least) issue happen to me today. I was able to actually start it back up by following a suggestion by @Guciu in another thread. His suggestion is in that link, otherwise also included below:

I think I had the same once and found advice to keep all buttons for 10-15 seconds. Power + Vol Up + Vol Down then phone restarted and everything worked well again. I hope this will help you.

NOTE: In my case, I had to hold the three buttons pressed down for around 15-20 seconds before the phone displayed the ASUS boot screen and loaded up normally.

Hope this helps!