This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 call speaker issue

devilcat_7
Star II
Hi, I have an issue with the speaker option when I'm on a call. If I press the speaker option all the sound goes and I can't hear anything. I tested it with my friends phone and they can hear me fine but I can't hear anything. I assume this is a software bug. Please fix this.
The speakers work fine otherwise and this issue only happens if the speaker option is selected during a call. Nothing restores the sound again except hanging up and calling again.
98 REPLIES 98

I am returning my phone today. I have had enough of this. I will not be getting another zenfone 9. I will go to another brand. A shame as the hardware seems great. The moderators here just ask for logs then complain they can't replicate the problem. With this many people experiencing the issue that tells me they have no idea what is causing the issue and are not moving fast enough for me. One major Android update and two minor version updates, none of which fixed the problem. The phone is a buggy mess.  Avoid.

Mars123
Star I

One of the recent updates fixed the same problem everyone's having for me. But introduced a new bug! At some point during a call, the person I'm calling says I sound like a robot or the audio is cutting out and sometimes it leads to not hearing me at all. after which I start just pressing mute button or the speaker button and they can hear me well again. These phones are defective and need to be recalled. Bc clearly they need to do some more mass testing on these things. Hated this issue and a couple others that it making me switch to iphone.

seethahere
Star II

I am using WW.33.0804.2060.100, it's 02.03.2023 and the issue STILL persists. This really sucks

Raygunn
Star I

Having this issue on my new phone. Please help?

Screenshot_20230313-172707_Settings.jpg

Restarting my phone helped fix this problem.