This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 call speaker issue

devilcat_7
Star II
Hi, I have an issue with the speaker option when I'm on a call. If I press the speaker option all the sound goes and I can't hear anything. I tested it with my friends phone and they can hear me fine but I can't hear anything. I assume this is a software bug. Please fix this.
The speakers work fine otherwise and this issue only happens if the speaker option is selected during a call. Nothing restores the sound again except hanging up and calling again.
98 REPLIES 98

I am on the exact build. The problem is not fixed.

In fact the sound issue has gotten worse. I now have noise and people can barely hear me when I call them following the speaker glitch. It seems to all be related. Restart fixes it until it happens again. Think I am going to take the phone back today and get a refund.  

Lenix243
Star II

Same issue here on WW_33.0804.2060.88

Occurs sporadically when switching from earpiece to speaker. Disappears if the phone is restarted or the dialer app (phone) is force-stopped.

I also have the same issue with Bluetooth earbuds,  both when switching to them mid-call and starting the call directly on them.

mikeburnsnz
Star III

Well I updated to the latest firmware that appeared a week or so ago, thinking this would finally fix the problem. Instead it has reversed the issue for me! When on speakerphone mode the person can hear me and I can hear them fine. Then when speakerphone is turned off during the call I can no longer hear the person but they can hear me! When this glitch happens I have to ring the person to hear them again and if I repeat going bak on to speakerphone then I can't hear them in both speakerphone and then when it is switched off! This has to be fixed!!!

albaguico02
Star II

Asus customer support just told me to factory reset the phone and if that doesn't fix the problem (which it clearly won't since so many people are having the same problem) they want me to send the phone back to them for "testing and repair". There's just physically nothing to repair, almost sure it's software related, neither of those two things will fix it, I'll just be without the phone for weeks and waste my time. 
It's deplorable that a company this big won't fix a major bug present on it's latest 900€ flagship phone...