kzm
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: was latest before it went dead
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: once
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I had about 7% of battery. I sent some file using bluetooth to other device. After few minutes I've noticed that the screen is black. I was surprised, because with 7% it used to last at least 2-3 hours.
Nevertheless I plugged it to the charger, but nothing happened. Phone does not respond to neither the charger, nor power button short/long presses.
I bought this phone about 1 month ago.
How to fix it and how to recover all my data?

4 REPLIES 4

sunny1241
Star III
i think battery indication was false, try to put your phone in charge and hope for the best...

kzm
Star III
As I said in my post "Phone does not respond to neither the charger, nor power button short/long presses."
After one hour of being plugged to the charger - nothing is displayed

Happened to me today. I was using the phone, suddenly the screen got frozen. Few seconds later, the screen went black and nothing happened after that. Not even plugging the charger or long press power button.
However, pressing both volume buttons + power button, got the phone to boot again.

kzm
Star III
You are right! It worked!
I see that there is other similar thread: "zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/66333/screen-stopped-working-works-only-when-incoming-calls" where that trick did the job (although in my case I haven't received Android 13 update and I have not checked if phone reacts to incomming calls).