This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume buttons cannot be used when the screen is off

Gempar
Star I

So I've had Zenfone 9 for about a month or so. At first there was no problem, the volume buttons still work even though the screen is off, but recently I noticed that when I put music on while the screen is off, I can't adjust the sound anymore via the volume buttons. Only if the screen is on, the sound volume can be adjusted using the volume buttons. I've done a factory reset but still can't.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The problem is the phone volume button.

Updates. I did a factory reset again (yes, again) only this time through a hard reboot, not through a factory reset in settings menu. As a result, I can go back to using the volume buttons when the screen turns off. But I can only do it if I press it once many times.. I can't press the button once and hold it for a long time to adjust the sound at once like a smartphone in general. I don't know if this is from asus or a bug. If this is a bug maybe it can be fixed. Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

landsome
Rising Star II

Strange... Never had this problem with either BT or wired headphones or the phone speakers. Does it happen with the phone volume buttons or the headphone volume? And with headsets or the phone speakers?

The problem is the phone volume button.

Updates. I did a factory reset again (yes, again) only this time through a hard reboot, not through a factory reset in settings menu. As a result, I can go back to using the volume buttons when the screen turns off. But I can only do it if I press it once many times.. I can't press the button once and hold it for a long time to adjust the sound at once like a smartphone in general. I don't know if this is from asus or a bug. If this is a bug maybe it can be fixed. Thanks.

Hey @Gempar,

I'm not able to recreate the issue. The volume button works fine with the speaker, BT headset as well as wired earphones.
Could you share your FW version?

Smikee
Star III

I'm having the same issue, I noticed that only during having a call - I always have to put the phone down to turn on the screen and visually check that the sound loadbar is getting higher. If I do that while having the phone on my ear, nothing happens. WW_33.0804.2060.113