This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is downright insulting to consumers

illegalmushroom
Star III

It's October. Let's say I can sort of understand the limited support for OS updates (or at least I used to, before Google announced 7 years of updates for Pixel, and Samsung doing at least 4 for a while now)

But not providing Security updates either? In such a long time span? Nevermind the bugs and issues that are still present on my Zenfone 9, I just don't understand what the software team is getting paid for. They don't even deliver the most essential updates.

I urge moderators or development to reply to this thread and let us know when are the updates planned for release.

10 REPLIES 10

The bugs and issues were solved for the vast majority of users within two or three uppdates. And Asus had provided updates on a monthly or more frequent basis for close to a year, i.e., until four months ago. Since then, we've just had two updates (so one every two months).

For what it's worth, this has been the regime of updates over the past four months for the S23 - in Europe (EUX, excluding Britain). The same with Xiaomi 13. So Asus is far from being 

I am happy with the phone apart from the proximity sensor issue when on a call which is a big issue tbh. I couldn't care less about security updates being a few months behind and the quality of life features. 

You have had updates? I got bi-monthly ones until June and nothing since. What android security release are you on? I'm worried to use my phone but maybe something is keeping me from receiving these updates? My experience has been subpar here in the US, the S23 is on the October release here, they get them every month usually within th first few days.  Do you think it's safe to use if I haven't gotten an update in 4-5 months?

@Boisenberry wrote:

You have had updates? I got bi-monthly ones until June and nothing since. What android security release are you on? I'm worried to use my phone but maybe something is keeping me from receiving these updates? My experience has been subpar here in the US, the S23 is on the October release here, they get them every month usually within th first few days.  Do you think it's safe to use if I haven't gotten an update in 4-5 months?

I too only have junes security update. I wouldnt really stress over not having the latest security update, however its still not good that asus literally just gave up on this phone. I still have bugs that never got fixed, if i go back in time i wouldve bought the pixel 7 instead.

illegalmushroom
Star III

I guess complaining on the forums is what it takes 🙂 I see that the latest update includes the security patches, so props to Asus for finally pushing it out. We all now wait for Android 14 and hopefully that won't take too long to come out.