Did you mean: 

Standby screen, new notifications are very dark

Kazionator
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 32.2040.2040.23
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: time to time, usually when the phone lies unused for a while
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have noticed that app notifications popping up on the Standby screen are sometimes very dark. The notification cannot be read without approaching the phone or lifting it off the desk. It appears as if the screen does not fully brighten.
The problem is not consistent and I'm not sure what it depends on. It occurs in both bright and darkened rooms.
13 REPLIES 13

Kazionator
Star III
So the improvement on Android 13 that I wrote about above lasted a few days. The AOD notifications were quite bright and readable but over time the problem returned and again they are often (but not always!) too dark and unreadable. ASUS please do something about this.

dimark096
Star II
I have same issue here.
All the time the notifications shows up so dim that I can't see the message. And the background color is black and not the lock screen wallpaper.

Kazionator
Star III
Well you won't get your wallpaper on AOD screen but still text should be easy to read. Not dark and unreadable.

dimark096
Star II
@Kazionator My AOD switched off.
When I get a notification, the screen lights up. The background is black and the brightness is very dim, so dim that I can't read the displayed notification, and i need to wake up the lock screen.