This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Issues

TopSnek
Star II

I wanted to start a more general topic to include general software issues people might encounter while using the Zenfone9.

I'll start with my own experience:

So I've just upgraded to a Zenfone9 from my long term daily Samsung S10E and in 3 years with my S10E I barely encountered any issues. However, in my first week with the Zenfone9 I've already encountered several issues.

The biggest one is freeze-ups. If I leave YouTube open with the screen on while paused to do something else, the phone will freeze up every single time. I have restarted the phone and tested again to no avail. These Freezes are not unique to the YouTube app, I have had about 12 freezes in the week I've owned the phone over various apps, this usually results in having to spam the home gesture until the pone decides to respond. I'm guessing this is a software issue given that the hardware is ridiculously powerful and should not be prone to any performance issues.

To clarify: I don't have more than 8 apps running at any given time, and I don't game on my phone and haven't experienced any heat-ups, so I don't think the hardware is under any strain.

My Second Software Issue involves the camera. Pictures are over sharpened, over processed and chunky. This can be circumvented to an extent by turning the HDR completely off, but then you have the obvious issue of not being able to use HDR at all for fear of over-processing.

ASUS, please try to address these issues quickly to avoid ruining the experience on this great phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @TopSnek,

The R&D needs you to submit a general log and a trace log to analyze the issue.

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

Next, you need to capture the trace log, you first need to enable developer options by tapping on the build number 7 times (Settings > System > About Phone > Software Information > Build Number)

Once you have access to the developer options, you need to capture the trace log by following th e given steps-

• Go to Developer option > System Tracing > Record trace
  • Replay the problem and record the time
  • Stop tracking by clicking on the notification
  • Click the notification to share the record or go to Developer option > System Tracing > View trace files and provide the corresponding file.

You can share the logs with me via PM.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Fredrik910402
Star III

Missing some features from zenfone 8 example you cant limit cpu limit throttle limit by increse ore low cpu max temp to a specific app 

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @TopSnek,

The issue has been forwarded to the R&D team.

Thank you for the prompt response.

Hey @TopSnek,

The R&D needs you to submit a general log and a trace log to analyze the issue.

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

Next, you need to capture the trace log, you first need to enable developer options by tapping on the build number 7 times (Settings > System > About Phone > Software Information > Build Number)

Once you have access to the developer options, you need to capture the trace log by following th e given steps-

• Go to Developer option > System Tracing > Record trace
  • Replay the problem and record the time
  • Stop tracking by clicking on the notification
  • Click the notification to share the record or go to Developer option > System Tracing > View trace files and provide the corresponding file.

You can share the logs with me via PM.