Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen on Time Missing - Work Around?

Boisenberry
Rising Star I

According to @Mansi_ASUS on the ZF10 forums reply last week:

Hey @Bulletdracer,
To provide more accurate information about the battery usage of each application, the recent update (33.0220.0220.89) has included screen usage time information in the battery consumption of each application, and it is no longer calculated separately.)

I've never been able to find that information in the app usage but that's a moot point).  It seems the ROG phones also so this issue (from their forums).    My screen time is going to "others" and it is usually 40-60% of battery usage now.  If Asus did make this decision, it was a horrible one (no other android phone on the market hides screen usage).    I'd try to go back to the older version but it was out of Android's recommended security window.   Anyone know of any apps or other workarounds here?

1. Model Name: Asus_AI2202

2. Firmware: WW_33.0804.2060.189

3. Not Rooted

4. Constantly

5. System settings

5 REPLIES 5

MrAvenger
Rising Star II

The removal of screen on time from the battery menu has to be one of the dumbest things asus has done in their firmware releases. It really is. 

Truth! I'm not sure they really meant to do it though but I hope they fix it/ reverse it regardless.  I'm using accubattery to try to compensate but it isn't great.

LukeBiel
Rising Star I

Yes, I noticed it to be missing as well. 

ASUS wake up! None of the issues reported since the beta releases were fixed, and you're removing a feature that every phone has and people are used to it?

I sincerely hope this is a mistake and it'll be back in next release 

blaze_spirit
Star I

Also happen on zenfone 10 after the update.