This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with mic during phone calls on Zenfone 9

Johnysman
Star I

I have a problem with mic during the calls. The other side is frequently complaining that the voice is crackling, robotic and in the end they usually stop hearing me completely. Is there any solution?

Android 13, FW version ww_33.0804.2060.88

8 REPLIES 8

Adam1983
Star I

I just experience the same issue today. Asus. I'm calling for your feedback and support. Tell us what to do and it is annoying 

Aki_Mo
Star II

I've that same issue

Like  6-8 times per week

And im gettin angry at asus

Android 13

Not rooted

Mansi_ASUS

I have forwarded the issue to R&D, and the team requires the following information from your end-

1. Which network operator do you use?
2. When did you first notice this issue? (EX: After some FOTA update )
3. Does the issue occur during the start of the call, or in the middle of a conversation
4. Does this happen while calling through third-party apps too? (EX: Line, Whatsapp)?

Aside from the above queries, can you please share a log file, as it'll help determine what triggers the issue?

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “Audio, sound recording, call audio” will work for most issues.
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue-
  1. Make a call and enable call recording.
  2. Check if the issue happened again, if yes, keep the call for a minute.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

You can share the log file with me via PM.

1. Which network operator do you use?

T-Mobile (happends on volte and vowifi as well)

2. When did you first notice this issue? (EX: After some FOTA update )

I dont use phone calling too often, it happens every few phone calls not sure when started but ppl complained about this for long time (on previous phone evrything was perfectly so when they started compaling i tho its somthin on their side or telcom)

3. Does the issue occur during the start of the call, or in the middle of a conversation

Usually after few minutes of conversation, one time happends after 19min of 

4. Does this happen while calling through third-party apps too? (EX: Line, Whatsapp)?

I dont use calls but standard one, i used whatapp call 3 times and was fine but there was other problem, when whatsapp shutdown screen ( as it should) i cant unlock phone, wake up screen tho any method. So i ask friend to end call and then it back to working 

There is many things i dont like at zenfon9 software but this one with calling is worst and most anoying bcus have impact on my job ( calls from co-workers and boss)