This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor sound quality while making a call

zdeno
Star II

Model Name: Zenfone 9,  8GB / 128GB / Android 13 with the latest system update / Build no: WW_33.0804.2060.113 / Baseband version: M2.13.33.33-DaVinci_000370 / installed two sims of local Slovak operators Telekom & Orange

Hi,

I have the same mic issues as desribed in the links below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/zenfone/comments/xunsfj/poor_call_quality_on_the_zenfone_9/

https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenfone-9/poor-sound-quality-while-making-a-call/td-p/189694

I can hear people just fine, but the other complained that they heard me occasionally with crackling /robotic noises & in a low quality. When I use bluetooth ear buds  the issue disappears. I tested my mic by recording my voice, yet the mic is working correctly. The issue appears only during a call. The issue exists since I bought the phone and any of the updates did not resolve it yet. I did not try Whats up call or any third-party apps.

Can you please fix it ? 

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Paul14075
Star I

Same problem here.  People are CONSTANTLY telling me they cant understand what I'm saying despite the fact that I can hear them fine and I'm speaking loudly and clearly.

SmOg
Star II

More than a month passed, and this critical issue has been not resolved. Unacceptable. Going to send back my Zenfone 9 and switching to Xiaomi 13....

Hope at least I could make a PHONE CALL with my PHONE!!!

ASUS this is a shame on your RnD department. It is NOT up to the user to be the test bunnies and send error logs. It is up to the manufacturer to solve these issues BEFORE releasing/selling the unit. 

Ouch...

If the problem with a device is so serious, I usually FIRST contact the official technical service to get an answer or repair. I have been treated properly when I make consultations with respect and education.

With OnePlus I have had problems, with Huawei, Microsoft, Nokia and some more... I have not had the satisfaction of having a Xiaomi, but surely there will be some.

Enjoy Xiaomi and see you next time. 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.