cyraxaz
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9 16GB 256GB
Firmware Version: 32.2050.2050.34
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Most of people are complaining on how they hear me when making a call. I hear them fine but they hear me very poorly and interrupting. What is interesting - using a bluetooth headset fixes the problem. So it cannot be network related issue. I have tried updating, downloading a different Phone app - none of this work. I will try removing a case because in is covering antenna bands on the side but since there are no problems when using a bluetooth headset - I do not think it will fix anything.
8 REPLIES 8

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @cyraxaz,

I had forwarded the issue to R&D, and the team requires the following information from your end-

1. Which network operator do you use?
2. When did you first notice this issue? (EX: After some FOTA update )
3. Does the issue occur during the start of the call, or in the middle of a conversation
4. Does this happen while calling through third-party apps too? (EX: Line, Whatsapp)?

Aside from the above queries, can you please share a log file, as it'll help determine what triggers the issue?

Hi All,

i have the same mic issues as desribed above. And it seems that I am not alone.... see the link below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/zenfone/comments/xunsfj/poor_call_quality_on_the_zenfone_9/

I could hear people just fine, but the other complained that they heard me occasionally with crackling noises & in a low quality. When I use bloototh ear buds  the issue disappears. I tested my mic by recording my voice and here the mic is working correctly. The issue appears only during a call. The issue exists since I bought the phone and any of the updates did not resolve it yet. I did not try Whats up or third-party apps.

I use Android 13 with the system update 33.0804.2060.88.

My Network operator is Tele2. I have noticed this problem since i bought my phone. I hoped some updates would help with my problem but one year passed and nothing changed. 3rd party apps when calling through internet connection works fine so it is not a microphone. How can I dump a log file? My operator does support voLTE, maybe this would fix my problem but I cannot find any toggle to see whether I have VoLTE turned on and working or not...

Hey @cyraxaz,

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select “Sound, call audio and recording”
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue by making a call and enabling call recording. 

5. Check if the issue occurs, if it does, make sure to keep the call for at least a minute, and then hang up the call.
6.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
7. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

You can share the link to the log file with me via PM.