This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pocket mode

eldair
Star III
Hi, is it possible to auto lock phone in pocket mode or to disable screen at least? I have made numerous mistake calls and settings changes due to unlocking the phone when putting it in my pocket.
18 REPLIES 18

paweldejko
Star III
Pocket mode in ZF9 works in such a way that it will block the ability to enter commands using the touch layer of the screen when the phone is locked. Unfortunately, it does not block the fingerprint scanner and the power button. This causes touching the fingerprint scanner to unlock the device and deactivate pocket mode.
A certain workaround is to disable fingerprint unlock - which will require you to press the button, not just touch it.

eldair
Star III
Thanks for the explanation, it's rather disappointing 😶 hopefully they will make it more useful at some point.

paweldejko
Star III
I think this is a functionality taken over from ZF8 where the fingerprint reader was under the screen and the problem did not occur. Due to the change in the location of the fingerprint reader in ZF9, it is common to wake up the phone by mistake.
Nevertheless, the developers should disable the ability to wake up the phone by scanning the fingerprint in pocket mode when the proximity sensor detects the screen is covered.

Guciu
Star III
Exactly, it should go developer. It is very annoying. Fingerprint should be off in pocket mode ON when you really have phone IN THE POCKET.

eldair
Star III
It should disable both fingerprint reader and screen (if it's on) in pocket.
Any mod care to respond?