julienvd93
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2004.2004.84
Rooted or not: Nog rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
========================================
Is it normal for the volume rocker to have some play? It sits loose inside the frame. It sometimes ratles with the frequency of the speakers.
Ik noticed some condensation inside the rear camera glass when running a benchmark app. See picture
It is 2 days old and has not seen any water.
Is my device defective?

14 REPLIES 14

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Crimis

A phone with an IP rating should not have condensation in the camera. It probably it not properly sealed.

View post
In a normal environment no, that's why I'm thinking of the open Sim drawer
Otherwise, sorry, but a picking session in a cold room whatever the device and IPxx if it is not used will have condensation if it is not designed for, for example a Zebra MC9300 usable -20° will have codensation, the same model in the Fridge version (usable -30°) is equipped with an internal screen and battery heater, other manufacturers provide them with a heated case.
On a consumer device IP65-68 no need to go to these extremes, a rapid change in temperature is enough

Hasse
Star III
julienvd93

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 9
  2. Firmware Version: WW_32.2004.2004.84
  3. Rooted or not: Nog rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always

========================================

Is it normal for the volume rocker to have some play? It sits loose inside the frame. It sometimes ratles with the frequency of the speakers.

Ik noticed some condensation inside the rear camera glass when running a benchmark app. See picture

It is 2 days old and has not seen any water.

Is my device defective?

20220820-205212.jpg

Play in volume rocker, condensation in phone
I also have some play in the volume rocker (I would say I can move it half a millimeter vertically with a clicking sound). Not the rattling when playing music though. I sent an email to Asus support about this asking if this is normal. The answer I got was this (translated from Swedish to English):
"The volume buttons can be moved a few millimeters and I would say this is normal. Behind the buttons there's a rubber sealing that protects the unit from leakage. If you want to be absolutely sure and it feels like the buttons move more than what's normal, you can send the unit to us and we'll have a look."
I'm not really concerned about the play in the volume rocker, but I'm thinking of going to a retailer to see if I can compare my device to another. Will update here if I do that.

Hasse
Star III
Hasse

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63091/play-in-volume-rocker-condensation-in-phone

I also have some play in the volume rocker (I would say I can move it half a millimeter vertically with a clicking sound). Not the rattling when playing music though. I sent an email to Asus support about this asking if this is normal. The answer I got was this (translated from Swedish to English):

"The volume buttons can be moved a few millimeters and I would say this is normal. Behind the buttons there's a rubber sealing that protects the unit from leakage. If you want to be absolutely sure and it feels like the buttons move more than what's normal, you can send the unit to us and we'll have a look."

I'm not really concerned about the play in the volume rocker, but I'm thinking of going to a retailer to see if I can compare my device to another. Will update here if I do that.

View post
Update:
Read some posts on the XDA Zenfone 9 forum in which a couple of users also stated that they had observed some play in the volume rocker, while another user claimed he didn't have this problem. So I have become a little suspicious, thinking maybe that the play in the rocker isn't normal whatever the answer Asus gave me in the previously quoted correspondence. To settle things, I have now sent my Zenfone 9 to Asus to let them have a look at it. Will post an update here when I here back from them.

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @Hasse, can you please send your phone's serial number or the RMA number? That way we can look into the issue a bit closer.

Hasse
Star III
Hey @Mansi_ASUS
The phone is currently at the Czech service center for examination/repair. Don't know why you would need my phone's serial number or the RMA number or how it would be helpful. At least it seems to me that that kind of information shouldn't be posted on an open forum. You're an Asus employee, right? If so, send me an email (if it's available for you to see) if you want further information on the issue.
Edit: Or DM me, if it's possible.