julienvd93
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2004.2004.84
Rooted or not: Nog rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
========================================
Is it normal for the volume rocker to have some play? It sits loose inside the frame. It sometimes ratles with the frequency of the speakers.
Ik noticed some condensation inside the rear camera glass when running a benchmark app. See picture
It is 2 days old and has not seen any water.
Is my device defective?

14 REPLIES 14

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Hasse

Hey @Mansi_ASUS

The phone is currently at the Czech service center for examination/repair. Don't know why you would need my phone's serial number or the RMA number or how it would be helpful. At least it seems to me that that kind of information shouldn't be posted on an open forum. You're an Asus employee, right? If so, send me an email (if it's available for you to see) if you want further information on the issue.

Edit: Or DM me, if it's possible.

View post
He forgot to specify DM, click on his name, then on message to send him a private message

Hasse
Star III
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225662#Comment_225662

He forgot to specify DM, click on his name, then on message to send him a private message

View post
Can't find a DM option. Have you checked if you can send private messages to other users?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Yes, I do from time to time, if you click on the name, you arrive on message, you click on it and you arrive here
Maybe you don't have the right yet, it would be silly not to be able to communicate with a moderator
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/messages/add/Mansi_ASUS

Hasse
Star III
Yeah, if I follow the link in your message a page shows "permission problem". Problem solved since Mansi_ASUS sent me a message. But if a moderator reads this, maybe enable DM:s to moderators for all users?

Hasse
Star III
Update:
Got my phone back today from the Czech repair centre with the following repair report:
"Zenfone was accepted for repair with the problem that the volume button is not seated correctly. The problem did not appear. The phone was compared with the same model, and the buttons are seated properly."
So according to this it seems that the volume rocker is a little loose by design. Not a big issue, but in my opinion it is an irritating flaw that a premium phone shouldn't have. The volume rockers on both my old Galaxy S10 and Iphone 13 mini are, as an example, rock steady.