Did you mean: 

no wifi calls on my zenfone 9

Br4Nk0
Star I

Model Name: ASUS ZenFone 9 256 GB/8GB
Firmware Version:33.0804.2060.113
Rooted or not: device status also not showing
Frequency of Occurrence: Constantly
Wifi calling option not existant, #*#3642623344#*# does nothing but closer the dailer.

I work at mines where wifi is only available and no signal with my carrier.  I have a same Telstra card that worked fine in galaxy a53. 

31 REPLIES 31

NewAje
Star II

Asus support just called me back finally, surprised they called vs emailed! The rep confirmed Asus does not support Wifi calling for any of their Zenfone's in the USA. I informed him I was able to figure out how to enable Wifi calling and get it working in the USA. I asked the reason they don't support it by default, he said that was confidential information. He suggested they plan to update their support for Wifi calling in the future for Zenfone. Thought that was interesting to know. 

Did you let him know that it was 2023 and pretty much every phone costing $200 or more has VoWiFi enabled by default? 

Oh, and the Zenfone 9 cost a little more than $200.  I would be interested to hear his response to that.

Come on, have you read what @NewAje has said?

He suggested they plan to update their support for Wifi calling in the future for Zenfone.

I've explained it several times: Zenfone 9 is compatible BUT IT HAS TO BE CERTIFIED BY THE VOICE AND DATA OPERATOR. That's why we have to use code to force this feature.

You:

I would be interested to hear his response to that.

Response:

And here I leave you a post IN THIS SAME THREAD (page 5), which is only three previous posts where a Mint user in the USA has been able to activate VoWifi calls despite the fact that Mint HAS NOT CERTIFIED VoWifi in Zenfone 9.

Re: no wifi calls on my zenfone 9 - Page 5 - ASUS - ZenTalk - 366410

NewAje
Star II

Yeah I tried to emphasize that such an expensive phone should have Wifi calling feature available be default and be supported in one of the larger markets (USA). He didn't seem to care, he was like a robot and I could hardly understand him with his thick accent. I would have much preferred them to email me instead. I explained I got it working on Mint Mobile, he didn't really care. I guess Asus viewpoint is they don't care, maybe they are happy with their phone sales already. I would gladly stick with Google Pixel phones but they got too large and removed the 3.5mm Headset port so Zenfone 8 or 9 seemed like the next best similar size option with larger battery although I read mixed reviews on battery life in the XDA forum. Going to setup and switch to my Zenfone when I have some more time to transfer everything from my Pixel 4a. 

Yeah, who knows, maybe the Zeofone is just a big marketing experiment for them.  They could be simply sticking their toe in the water to see what the potential market is for smaller Android phones (since none of the other lemming mfrs have the guts to do anything out of the ordinary) and if there is one, taking it by storm.  They're more known for their computer stuff anyway (I've been building PCs for 25+ years and have often used their motherboards).