Marshall Major 4 unusable when using a 3.5mm cable

yaro330
Star III
  1. Zenfone 9
  2. WW_33.0804.2060.73
  3. Not rooted
  4. Always
  5. All apps

When I connect my Major 4 headphones to the phone using a 3.5mm cable (I have 3 different ones, the issue is reproduced on all three) the only thing I can hear is very loud white noise. Headphones themselves work fine when connected to other sources of sound, and my zf9 seems to work fine with other headphones.

I experienced the same issue on zf8 a long time ago.

13 REPLIES 13

yaro330
Star III

@Mansi_ASUS this issue is present in zenfone 8 (cracking at high volume) and in zenfone 9, plus I tried a few zf8 using in the shop - all of them had the same behaviour. This is clearly as sw issue with the 3.5mm amp that both devices use.

Mansi_ASUS

Hey  @yaro330

I've forwarded the issue to the relevant department, and I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from the team.

is there any update regarding this issue?

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Jimmar,

Can you share a log file?

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “Sound, call audio, and recording”
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

Jimmar
Star II

I generated the logs but I'm not sure if they are safe to share them publicly here on the forums.

is there a way to share them privately ?

Update: just figured out how to send a private message, sent you the logs, thank you !