This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

icons of some installed apps missing from app panel

Ropieur
Star I

Zenfone 9, version 33.0804.2060.88, NOT rooted, permanent issue.

I noticed that multiple app icons (stock or not) disappeared from my home screen. I wanted to add them back, by drag/dropping them from the 'All apps' panel, but the icons also disappeared from there. When I go to Settings>Apps & Notifications>See all X apps, the applications are still present (installed) and I can open them. But it is tedious to do so many steps to open an app. Btw, the stock camera is part of them. I attached a screenshot showing that camera icon is missing from all apps panel (alphabetically sorted)

Could anyone help me to investigate and resolve this issue, without having to reset my phone?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sonoro
Star III

You may have accidentally hidden some apps.
Open the "All Apps" Panel then tap the "three dots" in the upper right corner. Go to "Preferences" - "Hide Apps" and check if your apps are there (some of them may be grayed out). Just tap on the apps you want to unhide and you should see them again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sonoro
Star III

You may have accidentally hidden some apps.
Open the "All Apps" Panel then tap the "three dots" in the upper right corner. Go to "Preferences" - "Hide Apps" and check if your apps are there (some of them may be grayed out). Just tap on the apps you want to unhide and you should see them again.

Ropieur
Star I

@sonoro 

Thank you very much for your swift reply. It resolved my issue. Likely, my phone was still unlocked in my pocket.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.