This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't use the phone as a phone

BjornAke
Star I

During calls my earpiece will not work, and i can't hear the person on the other side.

It works well using speaker phone and both wireless and wired headphones though. 

Any solutions available?

6 REPLIES 6

aultplan
Star I

It sounds like there may be an issue with the earpiece speaker on your device. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:

1. Restart your device: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve software glitches that may be affecting the earpiece.

2. Check for software updates: Ensure that your device's operating system and any relevant apps are up to date. Software updates often include bug fixes and improvements that could address issues with the earpiece.

3. Clean the earpiece: Dust, dirt, or debris may be blocking the earpiece speaker, affecting its performance. Use a soft, dry brush or compressed air to gently clean the earpiece speaker.

4. Test in safe mode: Boot your device into safe mode to determine if any third-party apps are causing the issue. If the earpiece works normally in safe mode, then a third-party app may be the culprit. You can uninstall recently installed apps or perform a factory reset to resolve the issue.

5. Hardware inspection: If the issue persists, there may be a hardware problem with the earpiece speaker itself. Contact the manufacturer or visit a certified repair center to diagnose and repair any hardware issues.

6. Reset network settings: Resetting your device's network settings can sometimes resolve connectivity-related issues that may be affecting the earpiece during calls.

If none of these solutions resolve the issue, it's possible that there may be a more serious hardware problem with your device's earpiece speaker. In that case, contacting the manufacturer's support or visiting a professional repair service may be necessary. Mykplan

None of these things are the problem. Many users have the same issue after a recent software update. Admin needs to respond with a solution.