jern
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Zenfone 9
build nr 32.2040.2040.23
not rooted
every minute or so
After a month or so I send my phone for repairs as I noticed some lines in my screen ocassionaly, besides that my phone sometimes made a 'clicking' sound. The screen is fixed but the clicking persists.
I now found out that it has to do with the 'smart screen' feature (screenshot). When this is turned on I hear the clicks quite frequent like a camera shutter or speaker pop It also does this every time right before the screen time-out hits in.
When this feature is turned of I do not hear te clicks.
Customer service wants me to ship the phone for repair again, but it seems like a software issue so I dont think it will help. Is this a known issues/ do you guys experience it as well / is there a fix?

screenshot-20221003-155300-settings-281-29.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Wasjhok
Star I
I have the same experience as well.
After reading this post I opened the camera app and switched to front and back camera.
What I also noticed besides the clicking sound is that if you have your front camera opened, you hear sound in the ear speaker. It even makes a buzzing sound if you move the phone/camera.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.