Did you mean: 

camera gimbal broken / uncalibrated?

zedntwonoughts
Star II

1. Model Name: Zenfone 9
2. Firmware Version: WW_33.0804.2060.88
3. Rooted or not: not rooted
4. Frequency of Occurrence: always

The main camera starts vibrating when the phone is held still and the gimbal stabilizes. As long as the phone is moving (and the gimbal is moving with it), it does not happen - only when the phone is held still. It happens in all apps that use the camera. In video mode, the frame starts visibly shaking and the noise gets picked up by the microphone - see attached video.

There is no option to calibrate the gimbal in the Camera app. It is grayed out saying only "Calibration completed".

11 REPLIES 11

Nope, this is a different issue. Your screenshot shows 2 differently exposed frames - the one from Zenfone is obviously underexposed and what you see here is normal noise from the sensor. The Xperia frame has a more aggressive noise reduction blurring away the details (see the reflection on the table).

The issue that I am talking about is something different - it is the gimbal introducing MOTION BLUR simply by moving the camera lens when it is not needed at all - when I'm holding the phone still.

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @zedntwonoughts and @Mroziu69,

This is strange, and it definitely shouldn't be happening. It seems like a hardware issue. I'd recommend you contact your closest Asus service center and get your device examined.

Hello Mansi_ASUS. 

Yeah, I think You're right. I made factory reset and still the same so now it's time for service. 

Factory reset did not fix it, so I had it replaced and the new phone does not have this issue - so it is safe to assume that it was hardware-related.

mamamoitsumo
Star II

I have this same problem, seems odd then if it's a hardware issue then there's a manufacturing defect. Either way I'm effed as I bought this phone online from a different country. Oh well, it was almost perfect.