Did you mean: 

camera gimbal broken / uncalibrated?

zedntwonoughts
Star II

1. Model Name: Zenfone 9
2. Firmware Version: WW_33.0804.2060.88
3. Rooted or not: not rooted
4. Frequency of Occurrence: always

The main camera starts vibrating when the phone is held still and the gimbal stabilizes. As long as the phone is moving (and the gimbal is moving with it), it does not happen - only when the phone is held still. It happens in all apps that use the camera. In video mode, the frame starts visibly shaking and the noise gets picked up by the microphone - see attached video.

There is no option to calibrate the gimbal in the Camera app. It is grayed out saying only "Calibration completed".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @zedntwonoughts and @Mroziu69,

This is strange, and it definitely shouldn't be happening. It seems like a hardware issue. I'd recommend you contact your closest Asus service center and get your device examined.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

landsome
Rising Star II

What happens if you change the stabilization mode?

zedntwonoughts
Star II

Even when the stabilization in video mode is switched off, it still vibrates - though not this much. The same way as in photo mode - where these slight vibrations make the photos soft, as if they weren't focused correctly.

Mroziu69
Star II

Hello, I have the same problem from the begining (about 4 months). I hoped that updates will come with changes but after the last one (same as U have now) it's muuuch worse. The last one about I'm thinking now is factory reset. Unfortunately not much time to backup all I want to keep safe now but deep inside I hope that it's not hardware issue. As I mentioned before I have this since pulling from the box but because I'm not using camera too much it wasn't so irritating for me but... last days I had to do some photos and grrr.. and after yesterdays (in my case) update it's a bit worse in my opinion. Tele lens doesn't have the issue because as we know-no gimbal help there. I will follow this topic because You're the first who has exactly the same problem as me. btw. I'm from Poland, U? maybe specific region firmware problem.

P.S. Also no calibration possible in gimbal now.. 

leandro31187
Star III

bug Blur Camera.jpg

photo bug sharp