This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus executive RMA blackmails me for $200 to keep bootloader unlocked

lambrosgg
Star III

Proving they didn't learn anything from the RMA fiasco: Removing an advertised feature (unlocking bootloader), lying to customers (unlock tool) coming back for over a year, denying warranty for unlocked bootloader, even though its illegal in the EU and now asking for money to do it!

In case you are unaware Asus (supposedly) did a makeover of their RMA procedures after it got exposed by Gamers Nexus for practically scamming customers during repairs. Youtube Link 
As a response to that, Asus created the "executive care" process with the email "executivecare@asus.com" to reexamine bad RMA experiences and make things right for customers that got wronged.

I thought to give it a try since my ZF9 got bricked after an update a year ago and didn't turn on at all, yet I got denied a repair under warranty AND a paid repair (I offered to pay, but they still denied!) because my device has an unlocked bootloader. In the EU, its illegal to deny a warranty repair because of software modifications. I mentioned that to the executive care on 15 of June and they offered a "one time repair under warranty" but the bootloader would be relocked and its impossible to unlock it again. I said that it was an advertised feature and they can't just remove it with the repair. After 1 month(!) they said that I can simply ...pay for it! $200 for a 2 year old phone!

1 REPLY 1

adeveloper79
Star II

rather join the tg group and flash thru edl two users unbricked their device after brick on newer firmware

Link to fix