This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone8 crashing regularly on phone calls

micktion
Star I
My Zenfone 8 is crashing regularly when making phone calls.
Android version is 12
Patch level 5th August 2022
There's a screen shot of the software version.
I've had VoLTE enabled, I'll try disabling that to see if that makes any difference.
In any case a phone should NOT crash during a phone conversation.
This is a pretty serious issue for a phone to have, for example should it crash during an emergency call the consequences could be catastrophic and life threatening, rather than just extremely annoying.
image.png

17 REPLIES 17

b0ttl3m4n
Rising Star I
justmrsimon

I wish it was just a couple of minutes before rebooting.

My phone bricked itself seemingly permanently this morning.

I will never buy an ASUS product again, what absolute rubbish they produce.

View post
Contact the support, I assume it's the unfortunate but known ram dump issue? It seems to have gotten rare, you've gotten unlucky 😕

justmrsimon
Star II
b0ttl3m4n

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/231360#Comment_231360

Contact the support, I assume it's the unfortunate but known ram dump issue? It seems to have gotten rare, you've gotten unlucky 😕

View post
Cheers, yeah I've reached out to support.
From what I read, this ram dump issue can only be solved by replacing the mobo and will cost several hundred dollars. And I expect I'll lose all my data. It doesn't sound like a good solution.

micktion
Star I
@b0ttl3m4n do you have voLTE switched on in the Settings -> Network -> Internet -> Sim 1 on your phone?
If not try switching it on then re-evaluate your comment.
Whilst deactivating voLTE is an easy work around, all the carriers are moving to it and some may require it in the near future. If voLTE becomes mandatory, without a fix you wouldn't be able to reliably use the phone to make calls.

b0ttl3m4n
Rising Star I
micktion

@b0ttl3m4n do you have voLTE switched on in the Settings -> Network -> Internet -> Sim 1 on your phone?

If not try switching it on then re-evaluate your comment.

Whilst deactivating voLTE is an easy work around, all the carriers are moving to it and some may require it in the near future. If voLTE becomes mandatory, without a fix you wouldn't be able to reliably use the phone to make calls.

View post
I use both voLTE and voWIFI without issues here

micktion
Star I
@b0ttl3m4n and what version of android are you using and what build is installed on your phone?