This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 is missing the coolest Android 12 feature

tanvirmoin
Star I
Hi, our current ZenUI on Zenfone 8 does not have Material adaptive accent colours. As this feature is available on the new Zenfone 9 on Android 12, will it be available for us in future updates? 
4 REPLIES 4

erik_paladin
Rising Star I
Probably not, as A12 for ZF8 has been out for some time now, and Asus has basically abandoned this phone now.

keren_ASUS
Hi tanvirmoin,
Thank you for letting us know about this. I currently don't have any info on this subject, but I will let our team know about your suggestions. Thank you!

erik_paladin
Rising Star I
keren_ASUS

Hi tanvirmoin,

Thank you for letting us know about this. I currently don't have any info on this subject, but I will let our team know about your suggestions. Thank you!

View post
Users have already let you know about this, and you (ASUS) have continued to ignore us.
zeegn

Hi, our current ZenUI on Zenfone 8 does not have Material You - adaptive accent colours. With all google apps stuck on Teal-Green Colour, regardless of the colour setting at the "Display -> Style" Menu.

As this feature is available on the new Zenfone 9 on Android 12, will it be available for us in future updates?

Cheers

Will Zenfone 8 gets the new ZenUI Material You Dynamic Accent Colour Picker
andydev256

I just recieved the Android 12 update on my Zenfone 8, and when i go to change the accent color there is no "adaptive" option, which was one of the features i was most excited about, instead i only see the usual 8 colors i could pick even before.

Did i miss something? is the menu somewhere i didn't look? is there a workaround for it?

Software version number is 31.1004.0404.55

Have a wonderful day

-Andrew

Adaptive accent color on Android 12 / Zenfone 8
"The Team" just continues to show that they don't care about this phone anymore.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.